No announcement yet.

World's largest indoor arena was made because of love of God

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's largest indoor arena was made because of love of God

The Philippine arena boasts of 55,000 seating capacity and sits on a 50-hectare property.

It was designed by famed Kansas City-based architecture firm Populous led by Andrew James as senior principal. The firm has been known for being the creative minds behind the Yankee Stadium in New York City and the Wimbley Stadium in London.

The concept for Philippine Arena was borne of a need to have a large venue for the growing number of Iglesia ni Cristo members. The venue was designed in such a way that “there are clear sightlines from every seat on each tier” for various configurations such as church service or sporting activities.

Bro. Edwin Zabala, Iglesia ni Cristo spokesperson, said building the arena became possible because of “God’s goodness and the generosity of our members.” And because it is a dome for GOD no wonder the Discovery Channel dubbed the newly launched arena as one of the "man made marvels" for being earthquake-proof.

This arena proves that prayers can move mountains.

Shut the **** up.

Comment

whatever, the pinoy will never fill it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        This arena proves that prayers can move mountains.
        Er....does it?

I think it only proves religion is big business.

And its kinda ironic the building is earthquake proof. I guess the prayers dont have much affect on earthquakes, typhoons, tornadoes, tsunamis etc.

Maybe they could fill the 55,000 seats with amputees and see if God makes any limbs grow back.

Comment

An awesome stadium which Manny Pacquaio will likely never fight at

Comment

my uhhhh promotor jesus christ.

Comment

I live really close to this mega church here in South Florida. It really freaks me out when I drive even remotely close and they literally shut down streets to let the members through.

It's like it's own little city, they have their own security, parking attendants, everything. It's really bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I live really close to this mega church here in South Florida. It really freaks me out when I drive even remotely close and they literally shut down streets to let the members through.

It's like it's own little city, they have their own security, parking attendants, everything. It's really bizarre.
                Are you talking about King Jesus Ministry? If you are we're basically neighbors lol

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                  Are you talking about King Jesus Ministry? If you are we're basically neighbors lol
                  No, actually I don't live there anymore but it's when I first moved down here and it's a mega church in Pompano Beach. I'm farther south now.

I forgot the name of it, but when there was services, the whole area would shut down.

Comment

Title should read "World's largest indoor arena was made because of love of Money."

Comment

Working...
                    X