Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The universal **** death that is NSB....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    It's all Twitter's fault. It's gotten bigger over the last few years with short attention span mouth-breathers who bring their habits of half-spelling words with disregard for the reader. They're also not here to read other peoples posts, oh no, just to send out their opinion as quickly as possible.
    THIS. I forgot to say this yesterday. People think I talk about dishy boxers with toned pecs just to be a flaming ****..... but not so.

While I DO enjoy the incongruity of such posts, and the trolling fun it gives, it's also there to prove a point, time after time: people don't read other's posts.

The other month I posted how Danny Garcia had entered my top ten P4P. All I got was post after post of people telling me his boxing skills were overrated. I was like "what's boxing got to do with it? I'm talking about his eyes and cheekbones... the guy's a dish FFS!"

Check this out from yesterday... in fairness, only TWO people tried to debate my point that Calzaghe would beat Hopkins 100 times out of 100 in a dish off:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=632441

Comment

There's actually a thread in there now titled "What things about Floyd Mayweather are underrated?"

Yeah, because if there's anything that **** is these days, it's underrated.

Comment

I dunno, Emo... I don't think people give him enough credit for the beating he put on Josie Harris.

Comment

Mayweather or Pacquiao.. are not to blame

it's the kids parents for not wrapping it up before slapping it up..

If you saw the Mathysse vs Garcia run in you would know that

Once Pac and May are gone these nuthuggers will just grasp onto the next half decent fighter..

It's all black and white for them as well.. no grey..

Either your at ATG or a Bum

Comment

NSB is slowing turning into BN24 day by day. . .

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
              It's all black and white for them as well.. no grey..

Either your at ATG or a Bum
              This, as well. Even decent posters like Daggum (well, he makes me laugh) go in for this.

There was a thread the other day where people were comparing Slapsie's power to Batti Battinaggi's. I was saying that, although it got worse, it was never THAT bad. The guy had SOME pop.

Cue people saying "ur sayen dat he was like Hearns."

Yeah, I am... because in terms of power you either hit like Hearns or like Paulie. There's no inbetween.

Comment

I tell you another thing that really annoys the **** out of me in regards NSB: the amount of posters (at least 50%) that build "facts" around what they know, rather than what they know being built around facts.

One particular thing that's grating right now is that whenever Tyson Fury's name is mentioned (and, fair play to him, for a guy who's only had about one fight in a year against a can, he's never out of the headlines) some **** hawk will always open their beak and go "he was exposed by Steve Cunningham."

In 2011 he was dropped by a man so **** he was chosen as an opponent for Deontay Wilder.

In 2009 he was outboxed and repeatedly hit with flush right hands by a man with ****.

So how the Hell did Cunningham "expose" him? Unless it only counts as "exposure" if it happens in "Da States"? If you thought Fury was "exposed" in 2013, you clearly haven't seen him fight before.

Also, re: Pingitis/posters who think the sport was invented in the 90s. The other day there was a thread on the most violent fights of all time. So many picked Ping Ping vs. Piss Breath bouts. Now, granted, Ping Ping going to sleep for 87 days was something (was he out longer than the Paler?) but the most violent fights of ALL TIME??? These ****s were picking largely tactical bouts and not even mentioning stuff like Hagler-Hearns. **** me, even Maiiii might have topped it with the Gatti bout, which was pretty horrible to see.

I just.. feel like I want to burn them all. Is this wrong?

Comment

as much as we all ****ing hate that shyt that's happening in NSB it won't stop because that bullshyt is what keeps this site getting hits on the web that makes this site the $$$

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    I tell you another thing that really annoys the **** out of me in regards NSB: the amount of posters (at least 50%) that build "facts" around what they know, rather than what they know being built around facts.

One particular thing that's grating right now is that whenever Tyson Fury's name is mentioned (and, fair play to him, for a guy who's only had about one fight in a year against a can, he's never out of the headlines) some **** hawk will always open their beak and go "he was exposed by Steve Cunningham."

In 2011 he was dropped by a man so **** he was chosen as an opponent for Deontay Wilder.

In 2009 he was outboxed and repeatedly hit with flush right hands by a man with ****.

So how the Hell did Cunningham "expose" him? Unless it only counts as "exposure" if it happens in "Da States"? If you thought Fury was "exposed" in 2013, you clearly haven't seen him fight before.
                    I was saying the same thing about Ricky Burns.

The guy lost to Alex Arthur and Carl fkin Johansen at domestic level.

Yet before the Terrence Crawford fight, all you heard was how he was going to get "exposed"

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      I dunno, Emo... I don't think people give him enough credit for the beating he put on Josie Harris.
                      Lmao!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X