No announcement yet.

Lightweight Ivan Redkach on ShoBox Jan 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

showbox wasn't terrific last year.

i've heard of this kid. i hadn't seen him fight. i saw round one, and will finish the rest when i finish this post. kid has long arms, and looks like he generates good leverage.

CES [the promotion] were my guys, i know almost all of them. tiny little company. jimmy birchfield has a lot of friends in boxing for a reason.
    Last edited by New England; 01-12-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

He's decent, I don't see him being world class tho

Comment

he'll be in some good fights. he definitely comes to fight. the chin is definitely there to be tagged.

maybe he can make it t fringe contention and get in there with arakawa-san

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          Is he really that bad?
          Like someone said... gangly brawler. He was getting caught over & over in that fight. He's already talking about Gamboa. What a joke.

Comment

From what I've saw, he can punch and has good power. He seems to be a fan-friendly-aggressive fighter and maybe even a bit raw still. I see some potential, if he can work on some footwork/movement and work on cutting off the ring with smart pressure, in a most recent article here it seems he knows he has a lot to work on so let's see if he can become a world class boxer and not a above average brawler.

I don't expect him to take down any titlists, but it looks like he has the ambition to do so, so let's see if he can prove me wrong.

I don't know anything about his opponent tonight

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
              Like someone said... gangly brawler. He was getting caught over & over in that fight. He's already talking about Gamboa. What a joke.
              Not sure why you have such a problem with a young kid having ambition and drive to succeed in the sport and become a champion.

So even if he is a crude, flat-footed brawler.... Plenty of those have became champions in this sport and ALL of them have made for great entertainment for us, the fans

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                He doesn't look exceptionally talented, but with his aggressive style he'll be in entertaining fights.

Comment

Working...
                X