No announcement yet.

Let's kill this one Boxing myth - ''Barrera took Naseem's heart''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    This is one of the biggest myth's that always seems to come up when talking about Prince Naseem.

The Prince's heart was gone long before that fight and it certainly wasn't taken by any fighter.

It was taken by this.

Barrera beat him fair and square, this thread has not been made to dig up any excuses, this thread is simply to kill one of the many Boxing myths floating around today about the Prince.
    i understand his brothers and relatives ran his career into the ground.
    and also with naseem he got spoilt fighting all those second tier uk opponents. so of coarse barerra easily schooled him.
    another situation similar is when lacky junior witter came over and folded. totaly outclassed. deer stuck in the headlights look on juniors face. bwa hahahah!

Comment

• he made prince style look play skool and after that fight it was evident that would never be king

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        i understand his brothers and relatives ran his career into the ground.
        and also with naseem he got spoilt fighting all those second tier uk opponents. so of coarse barerra easily schooled him.
        another situation similar is when lacky junior witter came over and folded. totaly outclassed. deer stuck in the headlights look on juniors face. bwa hahahah!
        Come on mate...please tell me you did not just compare a legend of the sport like Naseem Hamed to someone like Junior Witter....please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
          Ya, and actually Cotto is about to make close to Naseem's net worth with just his fight against Mayweather.

Source: http://www.therichest.org/celebnetwo...med-net-worth/
          Naseem's net worth is nowhere near what these websites have it down as, his investments have made sure his net worth has been growing year by year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
            I agree Naz was good for boxing, because of his style and clowning he was exciting. But I laughed back then and until this day at people who thought he was one of the best. You can only get so far fighting like he did, and when he fought a great fighter, he got beaten soundly and badly.

I didn't even hate Hamed. I thought he was fruity and lame but I knew he was doing it for entertainment (like Floyd does but in a different way).

Ask anyone who they respect more as a fighter and I doubt anyone outside UK says Naz is more respected than Toney in boxing.
            Nicely put, I've always thought this as well.

Comment

• Uh he retired in his 20s after one loss because he couldnt deal with loosing. He then became a fat slob and was arrested for hit and run.

The fight wasnt as wide of a decision as its sometimes made out to be, but Hamed went from a super start to a fat unemployed loser talking about a comeback that never happened. Sounds like the Barrera loss affected him to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Uh he retired in his 20s after one loss because he couldnt deal with loosing. He then became a fat slob and was arrested for hit and run.

The fight wasnt as wide of a decision as its sometimes made out to be, but Hamed went from a super start to a fat unemployed loser talking about a comeback that never happened. Sounds like the Barrera loss affected him to me.
                A fat unemployed loser that has more money than you'd have if you lived your life a thousand times?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  A fat unemployed loser that has more money than you'd have if you lived your life a thousand times?
                  for all you know, you could be talking to roman abramovich, or someone atleast wealthy

Comment

• naz was sadomized by barrera, it would of been perfect if barrera ko naz in the 12th............

Comment

• barrera took his dollar

Comment

Working...
                      X