No announcement yet.

I love Gary Russell Jr. No ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Gary Russell Jr. No ****

Man watching this guy fight to me is just Boxing at its best the speed the power the timing kid has it all. Fastest hands in the sport bar none as well.

He's fun to watch for like 4 rds, then you realize he has no power, and it gets repetitive...

Comment

Dammit, I missed the first fight and now I have seen nothing but praise about how good Russell did. I will have to catch that fight in the morning.

Comment

future champ baby. future champ.

Comment

Sucks he dont got much power.But looks like a solid prospect.I like how
          he dont clinch like a typical black fighter does.

Comment

i want to see him against javier fortuna before trying to get a shot at one of the big names. he looks good so far, but like kellerman said, we need to see how he takes a shot and does in a 10 rounder against good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
              He's fun to watch for like 4 rds, then you realize he has no power, and it gets repetitive...
              this is accurate ..................
              very disappointing he seems like a good solid fighter but apparently he has hand problems can't punch at all as many times as he tagged Miranda for his face to be as clean as it was says alot. What happens when he faces someone who can really snap a punch

Comment

Did we watch the same fight? he got touched far too much and his defense looks suspect to say the least. Not to mention the breakdown in the 8th, things got real sloppy there. He needs some 10 rders.

I saw poise, I saw speed, I saw precision. i also saw a Straight that for some reason doesn't go further than his jab (because he chokes the punch) and is often aimed at his opponent chest instead of the chin. I saw him getting caught whenever he was committing (could mean he's easy to counter, we'll know in the future) and I saw some seriously questionable defense but that could be him coasting against some seriously overwhelmed comp.

Comment

the kid has speed..once he can crank out some 10 to 12 rounders and add some pop to those punches then I'd say you have a great fighter...needs to work on defense though. Put him in with Mikey Garcia and GRJ gets destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                  X