Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Miguel Cotto was a GBP fighter....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wifebeater never fights anyone that is a legitimate threat. that's why he retired instead of fighting margarito, cotto, and mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by 4773Y350NM3 View Post
      Dont you think the reason why Floyd doesnt like Arum because hes trying to make him fight Cotto or Margarito? lol
      Wrong.

Mayweather wanted a big pay day vs De La Hoya but De La Hoya refused to do business with Bob Arum. So DLH told Mayweather the only way to fight me is if you leave Top Rank[sounds familiar? Mayweather said the same thing to Cotto in an interview on ESPN]. Mayweather finally bought his contract out with Top Rank, after a few court cases. DLH had singed a fight with Mayorga in the meantime. Mayweather had no dance partner so he fought Baldomir[the fight fan wanted to see at the time no matter what they say about it now]. Miguel Cotto just had his first Welterweight fight against Quintana on December of that year, earlier that year he was fighting at 140[You see where you fail?]. Mayweather had fought Judah at 147 2 months before Cotto's fight against Malignaggi at 140, you see where you fail?
      Mayweather vs Baldomir was in November of 2006, Cotto vs Quintana was in December of 2006[Cotto's vs WW fight while Mayweather had already beaten 2 top 3 WW's]. Then comes 07, DLH had won his against Mayorga in 06, Mayweather won his fight against Baldomir in 06, super fight ready for May 2007, Mayweather vs De La Hoya. In the meantime Margarito loses to Williams, Cotto beats some Urkal guy, Mayweather beats DLH. People ask for Mayweather to fight either Cotto or Hatton, Mayweather gets interviewed on ESPN and says if Cotto wants him, then be his own man[be his own boss] and call him out, then he goes on to say how he and Arum don't see eye to eye and can't do business together. This because the court cases were off less than a year. Which BTW during Arum vs Mayweather's court battles, this was when Arum went on a smear campaign trying to get Margarito to call Mayweather out when he knew very well that Mayweather and him were in legal beef and won't sign any fight together. Notice how after Judah[which was Mayweather last fight under Top Rank], Mayweather fought a non Top Rank fighter in Baldomir.

So your post was completely false. Arum started this BS AFTER Floyd left Top Rank to try to ruin his name. That's why I didn't care about the Mayweather's trying to tarnish Pacquiao's name with the PED allegations. That's what Arum gets, what goes around comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Wrong.

Mayweather wanted a big pay day vs De La Hoya but De La Hoya refused to do business with Bob Arum. So DLH told Mayweather the only way to fight me is if you leave Top Rank[sounds familiar? Mayweather said the same thing to Cotto in an interview on ESPN]. Mayweather finally bought his contract out with Top Rank, after a few court cases. DLH had singed a fight with Mayorga in the meantime. Mayweather had no dance partner so he fought Baldomir[the fight fan wanted to see at the time no matter what they say about it now]. Miguel Cotto just had his first Welterweight fight against Quintana on December of that year, earlier that year he was fighting at 140[You see where you fail?]. Mayweather had fought Judah at 147 2 months before Cotto's fight against Malignaggi at 140, you see where you fail?
        Mayweather vs Baldomir was in November of 2006, Cotto vs Quintana was in December of 2006[Cotto's vs WW fight while Mayweather had already beaten 2 top 3 WW's]. Then comes 07, DLH had won his against Mayorga in 06, Mayweather won his fight against Baldomir in 06, super fight ready for May 2007, Mayweather vs De La Hoya. In the meantime Margarito loses to Williams, Cotto beats some Urkal guy, Mayweather beats DLH. People ask for Mayweather to fight either Cotto or Hatton, Mayweather gets interviewed on ESPN and says if Cotto wants him, then be his own man[be his own boss] and call him out, then he goes on to say how he and Arum don't see eye to eye and can't do business together. This because the court cases were off less than a year. Which BTW during Arum vs Mayweather's court battles, this was when Arum went on a smear campaign trying to get Margarito to call Mayweather out when he knew very well that Mayweather and him were in legal beef and won't sign any fight together. Notice how after Judah[which was Mayweather last fight under Top Rank], Mayweather fought a non Top Rank fighter in Baldomir.

So your post was completely false. Arum started this BS AFTER Floyd left Top Rank to try to ruin his name. That's why I didn't care about the Mayweather's trying to tarnish Pacquiao's name with the PED allegations. That's what Arum gets, what goes around comes around.
        I disagree with Floyd-Baldomir being the fight that EVERYBODY wanted to see. People give to much creditto what Brian Kenny said on ESPN.

No that was not the fight that everybody wanted to see at the time. Neither was Floyd-Judah for that matter but whatever.

Comment

No doubt in my mind that we would have already seen Mayweather-Cotto if this was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            I disagree with Floyd-Baldomir being the fight that EVERYBODY wanted to see. People give to much creditto what Brian Kenny said on ESPN.

No that was not the fight that everybody wanted to see at the time. Neither was Floyd-Judah for that matter but whatever.
            So what was the fight they wanted to see?

Comment

Every boxing fan I knew was talkin' about it/ wanted to see it. Atleast from what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
                So what was the fight they wanted to see?
                Not those fights

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                Every boxing fan I knew was talkin' about it/ wanted to see it. Atleast from what I saw.
                That is cuz Judah is from NY and probably every boxing fan you know is from NY, I don't know.

But, after Judah lost to Baldomir that shit was crap.

Comment

Not those fights

That is cuz Judah is from NY and probably every boxing fan you know is from NY, I don't know.

But, after Judah lost to Baldomir that shit was crap.
                  Lol you can't just say not those fights man..

Who exactly did people want him to see fight at 147 at that time

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Wrong.

why so serious? haha. it wasnt even intended to be fact lol.

Comment

Cotto hasnt ducked nobody, hes a true fighter. Bring on 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X