No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    The caliber of opposition is not even close. In years to come, his career is going to be a joke. A great businessman who made the most money for fighting subpar opposition. He did it to himself. If he had took on the best all the way, even in this era, 49-0 would be a pipe dream but I would have more respect for him.
    floyd will be remembered like jack johnson.

ppl will brag about how great he was defensively but no one watched his old fights.

pac will be the guy from this era ppl remember.

so many rewatchable fights.

plus all his stupid stories about selling stuff on the street, dad ate dog, no food, taking fights last minute,etc. will all get exagerrated.

better story, better fights. pac will be better remembered.

Comment

Coming from the guy who is most known for quitting against Leonard and getting knocked out by Hearns.

Comment

What exactly about Duran would trouble Floyd?

The factor is Floyd's chin. He isn't dumb enough (well, Duran can't anger him enough) to fight Roberto's fight. So unless Roberto stops him by rushing in, Floyd wins on points by simply boxing from the outside very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          you know FAT, OLD, WASHED UP duran beat 6 foot 1 iran barkley at MW right?

floyd didn't even want to see slooow marg at WW.
          True but Floyd>>>Barkley. I still think he beats Duran at WW or LWW.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
            I respect your opinion, but who has Floyd ever beat to make anyone think he beats Sugar Ray Leonard??? The Leonard that fought Hagler, Camacho, Lalonde, and Norris was an over the hill part time fighter. The Leonard that beat Benitez, Hearns, and Duran Ko's Floyd.
            Yep, I'm not convinced he would beat Leonard at all.

But Mayweather is a level above everyone else he has fought.

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
            I agree that Hearns would be the most dangerous for Floyd because of the reasons you stated. Floyd would have never even got in the ring with Hagler. That's an unrealistic fight if you truly know how good Hagler was. But Leonard was a very versatile fighter. If he couldn't outbox Floyd, he would become a pitbull and out fight him.
            Plenty of world-class fighters have tried to out-fight Mayweather

I wouldn't bet a dollar on that fight.

Fkn amazing fight to think about, if only.

Comment

Ha ha watch sugar ray and roberto,s fights. Floyd would have boxed circles around them both. Sorry guys but times change for the better and the same goes for athletes. Better training techniques,better nutrion etc etc. Memories last a lifetime and I understand is easy to be a fanboy of just that.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                And we wont even go into what Hearns would have done. Mayweather has never been an inside come forward fighter so he would not be able to fight Hearns on the inside, past that jab, or on the outside, where Hearns would have used his lightning ram-rod jab to line Mayweather up for the right hand. Lights out by the 6th round. Even prime Cuevas would have been a threat. Maidana, Corley, and Mosley are LIGHT punchers compared to Cuevas and they rocked him. He would have to avoid all 12 rounds the punches that broke jaws, ribs, eye sockets.

And Leonard's punches were lighting bolts. Once Leonard unleashed one of those blistering 12 punch combos, [B]Mayweather would have been reeling. Mayweather would have nothing to keep most of these guys off. He would have had enough difficulty with a prime Whitaker, let alone the fab four. Benitez would have made him miss quite a bit and was a very fast fighter. Out of these five guys, Mayweather loses to 3-4.
                About the 3rd time I've read that.

Never seen anybody walk through Mayweathers punches.

Not the LHW Canelo

Not the Hoya who fought little Floyd in 10oz gloves.

Everyone got tamed with that technique/timing/precision.

Everyone he fought said Mayweather hits much harder than you think.

I dont think thats why they would beat him.

Good point about Cuevas, but I can count the number of people who have hit Mayweather cleanly on the fingers of one hand.....

..... and I can still pick my nose and type with one finger

Not really arguing, and great post btw, but I wouldnt write Mayweather off against anyone at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda are words that anyone can utter and most people do. Roberto Duran only won one significant fight above 135 and that was the first fight against Sugar Ray Leonard. He lost against every other significant opponent that he fought at 147 and above. At 135, even though he had 70 plus fights, he only fought three or four quality opponents.

At 135 (a weight in which Mayweather still had power), Mayweather would have KO'd Duran or embarrassed him the way he did Diego Corrales. At 147, Mayweather would have beaten Duran the same way he beat Manny Pacquaio -- easily. Roberto Duran (just like Julio Caesar Chavez) was never as good as his hype. Mayweather would have beaten both of those guys without breaking a sweat.
                  He only ever lost one fight at 147 you moron. To a guy he'd already beaten anyway. At least learn about the boxer you're talking **** about. You just look like a damn fool otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by too_much View Post
                    Duran made a career of beating guys he was supposed to lose to. Mayweather only fought guys he was supposed to beat. No comparison.
                    Like all of those guys EVERYBODY said he wouldn't have the balls to fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                      Nobody beats Duran at 135 - NOBODY!
                      Mayweather was nasty at 135..... but I'm not picking against Duran.

Comment

Working...
                      X