Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best inside game at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac's inside game is the most effective. I mean he can go in and out in a fraction of a second whilst landing a 5 punch combination, not to mention he does have considerable power despite popular belief. It's not that he has heavy hitting power like a Maidana over hand right but that quick snapping shots that you can't get hit flush with. I mean hell watch how Cotto and Clottey immediately covered up instead of exchanging in their fights with him.

Maidana has the best inside game when it pertains to affective aggression and his good finishing ability. He just has that killer instinct style down and probably mastered it before he even learned proper boxing techniques.

Floyd seems to have the best skills to disarm and exchange using his shoulder roll. Against Maidana he did exceptionally well considering his age while being pitted against the ropes. He rarely uses his inside game though because his offense predicates on control and range.

Comment

Pacquiao isn't an inside fighter. It's just not suited particularly to his talents, not saying that he couldn't learn though, he doesn't really need one. His inside game is using angles to dart in and out. He leaves the pocket quickly if he's on offense, but if he's on defense, he can get caught there a few times.

Comment

How would you guys rate Hatton's inside fighting skills? He was kind of a mauler type. Mayweather vs Hatton was some of the best display of infighting(And dirty boxing) that I can think of recently at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          How would you guys rate Hatton's inside fighting skills? He was kind of a mauler type. Mayweather vs Hatton was some of the best display of infighting(And dirty boxing) that I can think of recently at least.
          It was a great contrast in applying their inside styles and skills

IMO Castillo vs corrales was the best infighting the past ten years...like a tutorial lol

Comment

Mayweather had such a great inside game in the past, but lately it mostly consists of clinching or pushing off to maintain distance. Against Guerrero and Maidana his inside game was practically non-existent.

Marquez is great at it but his style is better suited for mid range.

Maidana might be the best I suppose. Bradley too.

Comment

Working...
            X