Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Mexican Boxing fan the Filipinos are owning us in Boxing Today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    Isn't Donaire trained by Mexicans?? Pacquiao is really all the Phillipines got...I think Mares exposes Donaire later this year. He can beat up on brawlers with suspect chins all he want, but I think a boxer with a great chin, like Mares, will dominate him.
    Pac is trained by Roach.. so what if Garcia trains Donaire?

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
      Mexico has more champions and more boxers but we have no one right now who can compare to Pacquiao and Donaire.

I am also pretty high on Mercito Gesta. Him and Brandon Rios are going to duke it out soon as well.
      Agreed. People are underestimating Gesta. Don't sleep on this kid... I saw him sparring at Wild Card before his fight in San Fran and he made an impression on everyone in the gym, especially Roach.

Comment

Props to the Mexicans which will be a hard act to follow but to all you old school fans it did not start with Pacquiao
        Puerto Rico beat the P.I. in a HUGE FIGHT when Ortiz beat Elorde
        With Mexico you got Luisito Espinosa vs. Manuel Medina/Alejandro Gonzalez/Cesar Soto. Navarette vs. Limon 1 and 2, etc.

Comment

pffffttt gtfo pacquiao is on peds and nonito is fighting smaller men.. the fuk outta here.

Comment

They only have two elites at the moment, I don't know what the you're talking about. And the a lot of upcoming Filipino prospects last year lost to Mexican champions and cabdrivers.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
              pffffttt gtfo pacquiao is on peds and nonito is fighting smaller men.. the fuk outta here.
              Hector Posts like a True Mexican warrior... He will never quit...Hater por vida.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                Isn't Donaire trained by Mexicans?? Pacquiao is really all the Phillipines got...I think Mares exposes Donaire later this year. He can beat up on brawlers with suspect chins all he want, but I think a boxer with a great chin, like Mares, will dominate him.
                Whatever, donaire versus mares will happen only if mares bolt out of GBP, this fight is difficult to make.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  Whatever, donaire versus mares will happen only if mares bolt out of GBP, this fight is difficult to make.
                  why am i not surprised that mares is smaller than donaire... and yet u dumb pinoys want that fight to happen... donaire needs to move to featherweight where he belongs.

Comment

The Phillipines only has 1.5 great fighters. admittedly, theyre excellent.

but Mexico has more top fighters than the Phillipines out there. I mean, the only reason that Mexico has taken so many losses lately is because they have a ton of top fighters all over the place to begin with.

quantity vs quality situation.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
                      why am i not surprised that mares is smaller than donaire... and yet u dumb pinoys want that fight to happen... donaire needs to move to featherweight where he belongs.
                      Sorry man... If Mares wins the tourney, this fight is gonna happen. He'll get destroyed by Donaire & you'll probably have to change your sig, lol. Getting back to the main topic... The Phillipines has a long way to go as far as history is concerned, but at the moment they are leading the pack (1 & 3 P4P with an inactive fighter at the 2 spot).
                      Last edited by Thriller; 02-23-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X