Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The reason Seattle's defense is so great is down to copying Rugby techniques (video).

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
    Listen man. You are very adamant in defending your team, but when the NFL decides to re-emphasize a rule based on one team, then you know whats up. Everyone knows it. It's not a secret.

Bad examples BTW, top gif was a foul. Sherman blocked his path and hit him right before the ball got there.

Second gif was just a horrid throw.

3rd gif, Moss had him beat, QB waited too long.
    Seahawks were being allowed like 10 yards for contact where everyone else still was getting five. Not so much this year though so far, but the last two years were bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Seahawks' defense was majestic in the last Super Bowl...

But for me the rugby tackles look so natural -- because I was in the game of rugby for more than ten years...

Now I see that the rugby tackles are seen as some kind of a big discovery in American football -- which makes me smile...

watch football from 10-20 years ago if you think this is anything new.

players, at some point, started going for highlight reel, head on head hits. they're finally being legislated out of the game.

prime patriots, for instance ['01-'04.] old bears defense. old packers defense. old steeler defense, all "tackled."

it's certainly not an innovation that came from rugby. football is a much more popular game, with better athletes and more studied technique.

Comment

Listen man. You are very adamant in defending your team, but when the NFL decides to re-emphasize a rule based on one team, then you know whats up. Everyone knows it. It's not a secret.

Bad examples BTW, top gif was a foul. Sherman blocked his path and hit him right before the ball got there.

This proves you have no idea what You're talking about.

The reason there is no penalty is because the ball is in the air when Sherman stops and Steve Smith is completely oblivious to that. The defender has every right to the ball as the receiver. Sherman sees the pass coming and stops to make a move on it, Smith is so focused on Sherman and doesn't realize the pass is coming, he pushes Sherman, pass incomplete. Anyone who knows anything will tell you that's a good play.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          This proves you have no idea what You're talking about.

The reason there is no penalty is because the ball is in the air when Sherman stops and Steve Smith is completely oblivious to that. The defender has every right to the ball as the receiver. Sherman sees the pass coming and stops to make a move on it, Smith is so focused on Sherman and doesn't realize the pass is coming, he pushes Sherman, pass incomplete. Anyone who knows anything will tell you that's a good play.
          Look dude, you posted 3 gifs to prove some stupid point... I dont know what you are trying to prove. Fact remains I know Seattle has a good D, original point/fact remains that Seattle has had a lot of calls go their way in the past and the NFL, the leage, commentators, announcers know it.

If you want to ignore it, fine, continue on doing so.

Comment

Look dude, you posted 3 gifs to prove some stupid point... I dont know what you are trying to prove. Fact remains I know Seattle has a good D, original point/fact remains that Seattle has had a lot of calls go their way in the past and the NFL, the leage, commentators, announcers know it.

If you want to ignore it, fine, continue on doing so.
            Safe to say you agree that was not s penalty after I explained the rules to you.

You seemed to ignore when I mentioned Seattle has hardly any defensive holding and PI calls this year and all four pre season games (when they were flag happy).

The NFL has also emphasized illegal offensive PI and illegal pick plays. So is there a particular team that caused this? They got the 49ers last week three times for illegal picks. Where is the conspiracy?

If there is any conspiracy theory that holds any weight it is that Fantasy Football is fueling the new rule changes: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...GsN/story.html

You can also see that defensive holding and PI calls have steadily increased since 2009 j http://www.nflpenalties.com/2014-poi...-penalties.php
            Last edited by ИATAS; 10-05-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              it's certainly not an innovation that came from rugby. football is a much more popular game, with better athletes and more studied technique.
              Oh boy. More American chauvinism coming into play. I bet you think that NASCAR is more popular than Formula 1 don't you?

Comment

Working...
              X