No announcement yet.

What's necks for Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's necks for Kell Brook?

Obviously no point in staying at 160 as he can never compete with the king there.

At 154 he will never beat Canelo, Lara, Andrade, Charlos or J-Rock. A first good test would be Trout.

He may never be able to make 147 again and if he does his punch resistance wouldn't be as good as it was at 160, he won't hit as hard and may suffer from stamina issues.

He is honestly in a very tough spot. 154 is packed full with talent but no stars aside from Canelo.

The best thing for his career would be to boil down to 147 and pick on smaller men like he has been doing for the last 10+ years.

THe problem is Spence Jr who is showing to be an utter beast is next in line for Kell. In actuality Kell has 10 days to respond to the mandatory fight, I doubt he takes it. He'll likely fight a domestic level British fighter at 154 for the next few fights with Hearn milking the idiotic British boxing fans until he gets a big fight again and loses badly.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
      THe problem is Spence Jr who is showing to be an utter beast is next in line for Kell. In actuality Kell has 10 days to respond to the mandatory fight, I doubt he takes it. He'll likely fight a domestic level British fighter at 154 for the next few fights with Hearn milking the idiotic British boxing fans until he gets a big fight again and loses badly.
      Hearn has already said in an interview most likely Kell will go to 154 and 147 possibly only for a Khan fight, they still desperate for that payday.

Comment

Brook will be squeezed for every penny at 154 and then fed to the wolves...I guess someone like Andrade.

Comment

Khan@154....

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
            Khan@154....
            LOL Khan don't want none of that. Brook would KO him even if he had to boil down to 147 one more time, at 154 Khan gets smashed faster than he did against Canelo.

Brook will go to 154 as Hearn said, and give anyone a tough night.

Comment

154 i suppose.

I don't see any big money fights there though apart from Canelo if he stays here. Or a big domestic clash with Smith if Smith puts on a good showing against Canelo, but even that will be too hard to make because Smith is a Warren fighter fighting on BoxNation. There's a lot of good fights for him at 154, but its full of guys who can't even fill their living rooms.

If Brook wants big fights, his best bet is to try and make 147 again or get Khan to fight at whatever weight they agree. I can't see Khan wanting to go outside of 147 though when he knows he makes it comfortably and Brook doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
                LOL Khan don't want none of that. Brook would KO him even if he had to boil down to 147 one more time, at 154 Khan gets smashed faster than he did against Canelo.

Brook will go to 154 as Hearn said, and give anyone a tough night.
                The fight will happen
                Too much money
                But yeah khan gets flattened

Comment

We know Khan is ducking like a biatch, so not him.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
                    In actuality Kell has 10 days to respond to the mandatory fight, I doubt he takes it. He'll likely fight a domestic level British fighter at 154 for the next few fights with Hearn milking the idiotic British boxing fans until he gets a big fight again and loses badly.
                    I agree except with the "idiotic" part, they know Kell has been fighting patsys.

Comment

Working...
                    X