No announcement yet.

In Cotto v Marg I, did Cotto.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Cotto v Marg I, did Cotto.....

Headhunt too much? I believe he should have gone to the body more to slow Marg down and I anticipate him to aim for the body more in this fight.

yes, he did. probably because margarito's face was right there to be hit. hope he does more body work this time. he's gonna need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      yes, he did. probably because margarito's face was right there to be hit. hope he does more body work this time. he's gonna need to.
      Yeah I'm really hoping that's the gameplan this time. To target the body and slow marg down. If he can do that, he can keep marg of him.

I can't wait for this fight, WAR COTTO!

Comment

That seems to be the focus this time around, body work. Look at training footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
          Yeah I'm really hoping that's the gameplan this time. To target the body and slow marg down. If he can do that, he can keep marg of him.

I can't wait for this fight, WAR COTTO!
          Shane worked him to the body and beat him to the punch, pounding his head in then clinching... & Pac boxed him in and out beating him to the punch, focusing a lot on the body.

The key to beating Tony is to either get off first, or not let him get off at all and hit him to the body from what we've seen of his two last losses. Cotto is gonna have to do one or the other if not both.

I hope he can execute his gameplan as well!
          I've been anticipating this fight more then I did Marquez v Pac II or Ortiz v Mayweather! Although I was super stoked for those two fights too not gonna lie.. the bad blood between these two just escalates this **** so much higher though!

Comment

Going to Margarito's body is easier said than done. For starters you have to have good foot speed and some quickness, like Manny and Mosley had. I think Cotto lacks a little in those departments, which means attempting to do so leaves him lingering long enough to eat an uppercut or two. Would like to see if they've implemented something new for this fight that would allow him to do that.
            Last edited by IMDAZED; 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Mosley wrote the game plan against Margarito.

Bomb & Close the Distance so Margo can't unload with his long arms.

Miguel might choose another strategy, but Mosley neutralized Margo effectively with the Bomb & Close.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Going to Margarito's body is easier said than done. For starters you have to have good foot speed and some quickness, like Manny and Mosley had. I think Cotto lacks a little in those departments, which means attempting to do so leaves him lingering long enough to eat an uppercut or two. Would like to see if they've implemented something new for this fight that would allow him to do that.
                Cotto could match Mosley's speed.. he did it in the fight they had against each other.

Comment

Shane worked him to the body and beat him to the punch, pounding his head in then clinching... & Pac boxed him in and out beating him to the punch, focusing a lot on the body.

The key to beating Tony is to either get off first, or not let him get off at all and hit him to the body from what we've seen of his two last losses. Cotto is gonna have to do one or the other if not both.

I hope he can execute his gameplan as well!
                  I've been anticipating this fight more then I did Marquez v Pac II or Ortiz v Mayweather! Although I was super stoked for those two fights too not gonna lie.. the bad blood between these two just escalates this **** so much higher though!
                  Well cotto can defo beat him to the punch he is the quicker of the 2. Cotto needs to get in hit him with head body head combos and move away.

And yeah for me this is the fight of the year the anticipation has been something else. This fight has so much going for it, can't wait for the atmosphere in MSG

Comment

Cotto could match Mosley's speed.. he did it in the fight they had against each other.
                    Yeah but he's facing Margarito not Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                    X