No announcement yet.

Phillip Ndou makes his return to fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillip Ndou makes his return to fighting

Former world boxing champion Phillip "Time Bomb" Ndou has been accused of allegedly beating up Boxing South Africa (BSA) officials after his boxing licence was revoked.
    The incident happened on Friday at Thohoyandou town hall in Limpopo after Ndou was told that he will not take part in the tournament due to health reasons.

Boxing promoter Mpho Khorombi confirmed during a radio interview with Power FM that Ndou was not supposed to be at the weigh-in because he was not part of the tournament.

"I was told that Phillip is beating up people but I was not there at the time because I was picking up another boxer from Malawi.

"I got a call to tell me that Phillip is beating people up," he said.

Khorombi said that Ndou was shouting at boxing officials outside the hall when he arrived at the scene, adding that only police can confirm what happened.

"We are shocked and also disappointed with the fact that Phillip is one of our top boxers, we expect him to be exemplary to up and coming boxers. I don’t think this is good for him and for the sport," BSA Chair Ntambi Ravele said.

Ravele confirmed that a case of assault has been opened against the 38 year-old fighter.

"I spoke to our Provincial Manager in Limpopo who confirmed to me that he did open a case against Phillip."

In 2004, Ndou was forced into early retirement when he collapsed after a loss to Isaac Hlatshwayo.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/sport/b...xing-officials

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Former world boxing champion Phillip "Time Bomb" Ndou has been accused of allegedly beating up Boxing South Africa (BSA) officials after his boxing licence was revoked.
    The incident happened on Friday at Thohoyandou town hall in Limpopo after Ndou was told that he will not take part in the tournament due to health reasons.

Boxing promoter Mpho Khorombi confirmed during a radio interview with Power FM that Ndou was not supposed to be at the weigh-in because he was not part of the tournament.

"I was told that Phillip is beating up people but I was not there at the time because I was picking up another boxer from Malawi.

"I got a call to tell me that Phillip is beating people up," he said.

Khorombi said that Ndou was shouting at boxing officials outside the hall when he arrived at the scene, adding that only police can confirm what happened.

"We are shocked and also disappointed with the fact that Phillip is one of our top boxers, we expect him to be exemplary to up and coming boxers. I don’t think this is good for him and for the sport," BSA Chair Ntambi Ravele said.

Ravele confirmed that a case of assault has been opened against the 38 year-old fighter.

"I spoke to our Provincial Manager in Limpopo who confirmed to me that he did open a case against Phillip."

In 2004, Ndou was forced into early retirement when he collapsed after a loss to Isaac Hlatshwayo.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/sport/b...xing-officials
    He returned a few months ago actually and got stopped. He honestly should have stayed retired, he was never that good anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X