Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter like GGG before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a fighter like GGG before?

This guy seems to possess freakish ability to cut off the ring, seemingly has an iron chin, brilliant punch selection and blow guys out the water (maybe the competition is abit lackluster but still)

Which other fighters in history seem to possess his type of aura and ability?

The only 2 i can think of is Mike Tyson in his prime and Julio Caesar Chavez Sr.

P.S I am a Ward fan and think he can beat GGG but you cant deny that GGG is a great talent

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
    This guy seems to possess freakish ability to cut off the ring, seemingly has an iron chin, brilliant punch selection and blow guys out the water (maybe the competition is abit lackluster but still)

The only 2 i can think of is Mike Tyson in his prime and Julio Caesar Chavez Sr.

P.S I am a Ward fan and think he can beat GGG but you cant deny that GGG is a great talent
    Can't be a Ward fan who appreciates GGG that's the rule are you new here?

Comment

He has a lot of talent

I haven't seen a fighter who accomplished his level of things get his level of hype

You'd think he'd be a lineal champion or unified with a dozen title defenses

He is a good fighter but the hype level is ridiculous for what he has done so far

Unify 160 and he is the real deal in my book......he is a good fighter but that shows me he is a great fighter

Comment

Yup, his name is Tommy The Duke Morrison. RIP. I foresee Golovkin going out like the duke, one KO after the other.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          He has a lot of talent

I haven't seen a fighter who accomplished his level of things get his level of hype

You'd think he'd be a lineal champion or unified with a dozen title defenses

He is a good fighter but the hype level is ridiculous for what he has done so far

Unify 160 and he is the real deal in my book......he is a good fighter but that shows me he is a great fighter
          I agree that he has to unify but the problem is all those at 160 with belts just about are dodging him like the plague, apart from Lemieux obviously.

Comment

I agree that he has to unify but the problem is all those at 160 with belts just about are dodging him like the plague, apart from Lemieux obviously.
            they will eventually start stripping guys....you can only run and hide for so long

Lemieux has balls...and pretty soon if anyone wants to make money they will have to fight GGG because his fan base is getting huge

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              they will eventually start stripping guys....you can only run and hide for so long

Lemieux has balls...and pretty soon if anyone wants to make money they will have to fight GGG because his fan base is getting huge
              Next week will determine how big his fanbase is but I'd like to purchase his PPV instead of watching it from Boxnation over here in Britain...
              Don't know how I'd go about that.

Comment

Wilfredo Gomez until he lost to Sanchez!

Comment

Comment

A guy who was over hyped before stepping up yes

Kelly Pavlik and Lucian Bute

Now GGG

Until he steps in class they all had similar auras the only difference really is GGG is knocking out the guys he's facing faster than these two ..Oh wait almost forgot Athrur Abraham!

Comment

Working...
                    X