• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    He was...........
    Who did Baldomir lose to ?

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    No, Ring had Huck #1 when he was swiftly removed from the rankings for a Hw one off

http://web.archive.org/web/201201032.../cruiserweight

I dont see how you could have ranked YPH #1 after that controversial win, and with his lack of prior resume.
    Ok,so USS and Hernandez were 2 and 3 when Huck was no.1,before he fought Povetkin ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
      Who did Baldomir lose to ?

Ok,so USS and Hernandez were 2 and 3 when Huck was no.1,before he fought Povetkin ?
      Correct but after Huck fought Povetkin the WBO gave him a deadline to announce whether or not he would be moving back down to CW. Ring Magazine removed Huck from their rankings before the deadline and just arbitrarily announced YPH/USS for the Ring title then Huck announced he was moving back down before the deadline expired and Ring just ignored it.

It becomes even more farcical when you consider that after losing to Adamek Cunningham won his vacant title against Troy Ross in a fight he was losing, got dropped in, then accidently thumbed Ross in the eye causing the stoppage and refused to give him a rematch which is what made Cunningham's crying about deserving a rematch after he lost to YPH the first time so deplorable. USS never gave Wlod a rubbermatch, Jones a rematch or Ross a rematch but believes he's entitled to them.

Huck was clearly #1 and you could argue Wlod should have been rated higher than the other two guys at that point in time since Cunningham had just lost then won a vacant belt under dubious circumstances. That warrants a #1 rating?
      Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-27-2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Correct but after Huck fought Povetkin the WBO gave him a deadline to announce whether or not he would be moving back down to CW. Ring Magazine removed Huck from their rankings before the deadline and just arbitrarily announced YPH/USS for the Ring title then Huck announced he was moving back down before the deadline expired and Ring just ignored it.

It becomes even more farcical when you consider that after losing to Adamek Cunningham won his vacant title against Troy Ross in a fight he was losing, got dropped in, then accidently thumbed Ross in the eye causing the stoppage and refused to give him a rematch which is what made Cunningham's crying about deserving a rematch after he lost to YPH the first time so deplorable. USS never gave Wlod a rubbermatch, Jones a rematch or Ross a rematch but believes he's entitled to them.

Huck was clearly #1 and you could argue Wlod should have been rated higher than the other two guys at that point in time since Cunningham had just lost then won a vacant belt under dubious circumstances. That warrants a #1 rating?
        Let's just forget the fact that USS TKOd Huck.

And give Wlodarczyk a third fight? USS went to Poland twice, hung it on him both times, and beat his ass so clearly for 24 rounds that the Poles had no choice but to finally crown him.

Why do you hate Steve Cunningham?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post

Insightful.

Cunningham beat Huck but then lost to Adamek.are we following lineage after the point Adamek relinquished ? Cunningham defeated Ross at that stage were they 1 and 2.

Like I said all rather confusing,especially considering the amount of departees heading for heavy !
          Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 09-27-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I watched Hernandez's last fight, I think Mchunu beats him and Huck.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              I watched Hernandez's last fight, I think Mchunu beats him and Huck.
              Huck has same trainer,coincidence ? Or not ! I don't see Huck taking a dangerous fight before vacating to move up,he's been there and done that,refer to Lebedev and USS fights,with good reason of course.

As Hunter S.Thompson said "a man's gotta know his limitations"

Comment

I think Hernandez and Cunningham were ranked respectively #2 and #3 by Ring Magazine. Huck was ranked #1 by the same publication, but he moved up in weight to face Povetkin. When Hernandez vs. Cunningham happened they were #1 and #2 therefore the lineal title was at stake.

The Ring ratings are debatable. Wlodarczyk could have been ranked higher than these two. There is currently a similar situation at 135: Crawford is #1 and Beltran #2 by The Ring so the lineal title will probably be on the line in November. Abril should arguably be ranked higher than Beltran.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Let's just forget the fact that USS TKOd Huck.

And give Wlodarczyk a third fight? USS went to Poland twice, hung it on him both times, and beat his ass so clearly for 24 rounds that the Poles had no choice but to finally crown him.

Why do you hate Steve Cunningham?
                  Care to explain what that 2007 loss has to do with how they were rated four years later?

Comment

Working...
                  X