Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling from 500ft - instant KO before dying?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hous View Post
    Your brain is destroyed upon impact and your brain doesn't have pain receptors of its own. The brain is destroyed before it can decipher the pain receptors from elsewhere on the body. For this reason, the brain does not know of any physical pain. Physical pain is a chemical reaction that requires:
    1. damage to the body
    2. Pain receptors at the damage then travel quickly to the brain.
    3. The brain welcomes these receptors which causes you to realize what your doing is not in your best interest. (This reaction is necessary for survival).

For instance; it takes .5 seconds for you brain to recognize pain. Your body is technically alive the .000000001 second your flesh touches the surface, the pain reseptors send warning to the brain, however your brain died .25 seconds upon impact so you don't recognize any physical pain.

Note: I just created these numbers as a example to show how the pain reseptors work, they are not scientifically proven numbers. I'm sure there has been studies to see how fast it takes the brain to recognize pain out there though.

Human's feel pain because its essential to our survival. Some people are born who don't feel any pain, its very rare and very unpleasant. We take pain for granted but think about how many times you touched something very hot that you instantly jerked your limbs from. Think about how much damage would occur if you didn't feel the pain and you kept your limbs over the burning hot device. You would get blisters that pop and can become infected. The reason its so rare is because our ancestors with this ability died off long ago. Luckily for us.

So while we hate pain, it really keeps us safe.

I'm willing to best your brain can recognize pain on you chest quicker than pain on your toe because the distance is different. However you probably won't realize the difference because the receptors are much quicker than you can comprehend.
    I have to agree with this one. Being a boxing trainer and former amateur, I have seen the same reaction to people that get KO'd. It's like they don't know what happened.

Guys get hit and it's like the brain shuts down and they don't feel anything, remember anything it's like it was a skip in their memory.

I think you feel nothing on impact, now the ride on the way down might be another story. I think I might **** myself of fear in the 2 seconds it takes me to hi the the pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Just a basic biology-type quezzie for you lot - human body falls from 500ft onto concrete and goes splat; however, when they say death is instantaneous (i.e. "They would've felt nothing"), does it mean in the sense that bodily functions cease at the point of impact, or the brain gets KO'ed and the organs stop afterwards?

What's the actual science behind a fall - say, a bellyflop - from a huge and fatal height? Cause of death is what, specifically? Would the brain even have time to react after the impact (say, to groan in agony or take a final laboured breath), or is it like a KO with instant darkness and genuinely no pain at all?

My morbid self must know these things.
      If you want a detailed answer to that you'd be better off asking a professional.

Comment

i dont think you would feel anything due to the fact if you hit at 120 mph from a very high place your probably gonna splatter all over the place so I dont think you have a second to take your last breath. Thats why you should take it right before you know your gonna hit.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          No one checked out my link?

Ouch ... That's gotta hurt ...

Comment

Working...
          X