No announcement yet.

Do you believe Jacobs has a chance to beat GGG or will he be another mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    GGG has a granite chin until he gets put on queer street. If anyone at MW can do it , its Danny.

Something often overlooked: GG is not some hit-n-not-get-hit type pf fighter. He is going toe to toe and that puts him at just as much risk as Danny. Take enough hits to the chin, eventually it will crack.

I like Golden Childs chances but if GG wins it will be very impressive. It was damn impressive when Pirog did it, if GG can do it too then i give him the same credit.
    Danny's the 'Miracle Man' now, in case you hadn't heard. I'd make some pun about him needing to be for Golovkin but I actually give him an OK chance. Still have GGG as the hot favourite but I think Danny has as good a chance as anyone at 160 of the upset, even though I rate Saunders as a better boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      that's not necessarily true

Matthyssee was hyped up but anyone with a brain knew Judah, Garcia, and Alexander wouldn't be mismatches

I understand the generalization

but if its two "hyped monsters" or "two accomplished vets" cries of mismatch die

Sadly many of GGG's fights have been perceived mismatches because A) He fights guys many fans even hard core fans never heard of like Wade B) he is experiencing trouble making big fights because of his team and his prospective opponents teams cant find middle ground so he is left just looking for someone to fight instead of quality C) the last legit 160 he fought was Lemieux. Out of his last 4 opponents, only one was recognized as a top ten middleweight, therefore he has a high % of mismatches.

Ain't nothing legit about Peppy Lemieux.

Before you tell me he's a puncher....name the best fighter he KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        GGG definitely wont fight the fight he did against brooks, I hope now it will be lights out!!! good post. Jacobs fought mora very emotional he cant afford to do that vs ggg!
        You don't know that...hell that's the only way GGG can fight.

Comment

of course his chin isn't as solid as Leonard but fighters get dropped by lesser fighters or perceived non punchers quite often

some people read into get knockdown....I look at it from a different perspective....do they get up, and what do they do about it

Guys like Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Patterson, Diego Corrales, could be hurt, dropped or stunned, but mentally they didn't pack it in.

I don't think I've seen Jacobs pack it in.....pirog just blitzed him, couldn't recover..it happens

What is GGG gonna do when he fights someone that matches his punch for punch and can either evade or take his best shots.

we know Jacobs can be hurt and get up but also, outside of Lemieux who was top ten and Stevens who was also but never really beat a world ranked middleweight, who has GGG faced that was in the top ten that had legit power?

We don't know how he'll react when he gets hurt, dropped, etc.

there is a lot about GGG that is unknown
          now all we have to do is wait........to see how vegas sees it.

Comment

kevin howard dropped Ray Leonard....Hearns, Hagler, Duran others didn't

its not about the reputation or the kayo ratio...its about the timing, placement and accuracy of the punch

but I feel you, I get that feeling whoever makes the first mistake, its lights out
            RealPugilist,
            I always enjoy your post. I just want to point out to all the boxing fans here, in case they didn't know, yes kevin Howard did accomplish something that Duran,Hagler & Hearns were not able to do, and that was to drop Sugar Ray on his A$$. But truth to the matter Leonard was to just coming off of a long layoff, his 1st retirement due to the detatch retina he suffered in his eye.
            Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 09-22-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Expect a rerun of lemuiex ggg if this happens, ggg will follow that game plan

Comment

I don't think so. His career has been carefully managed. Most of his stoppages have be not so impressive such as the quillen stoppage.

That you need 2 fights to convincingly win of Sergio Mora says quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  I don't think so. His career has been carefully managed. Most of his stoppages have be not so impressive such as the quillen stoppage.

That you need 2 fights to convincingly win of Sergio Mora says quite a bit.
                  all it takes is one punch , folks, but it better be early or Jacobs is getting hammered. Same goes for Saunders and Eubank jr. The only "Middleweight " with a chance is Canelo because he can counter with power. However he has like a 33% chance. The others like 10% for Jacobs, 1% for Saunders and Like 5% for Eubank , because he is a little harder hitter than Saunders.

Comment

Based on the eye test, he has skills that could trouble GGG

the only question is how will his chin hold up or how tight he will be on defense

He is probably the most athletic middleweight since jermain taylor's era

He can get a little over aggressive but GGG will be coming to him

Definitely favor GGG, possibly by stoppage but with Jacobs speed and explosiveness he could clip GGG before danger.

how do you guys see it
                    people are overselling the weakness of Daniel Jacobs' chin

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      people are overselling the weakness of Daniel Jacobs' chin
                      and overrating GGG's power

yes he damaged Brooks eye socket, but he wasn't dropped, buzzed or on queer street

Also he doesn't have many 1 punch kos...he usually breaks you down, no name or contender.

Comment

Working...
                      X