No announcement yet.

Boxing pulled 300 million viewers in China

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyshenko Team View Post
    You have to understand that China is communist country, and they should have like 5 channels. 500 million were working. 300 million watched Santa Barbara series, rest split between news and Boxing.
    First, China isn't really Communist anymore.

Second, only 5 channels in China, really?
    Altogether there are 3,000 television stations across the country. Large international TV expositions, including the Shanghai Television Festival, Beijing International Television Week, China Radio and Television Exposition and Sichuan Television Festival, are held on a regular basis. source

China has the largest number of television viewers in the world - an estimated 95 percent of its 1.3 billion people. There are more than 3,000 channels. source

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Snooker is huge in the UK and Ireland. The world championships normally meant a week off college.
      Defintely not as big as it used to be. There are no Denis Taylor's anymore. The big characters are all in darts and I think it's turned people off snooker a bit. I don't really care for either but darts is a blatant fad.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
        Snooker is a pretty big sport in the UK. Though it's been somewhat ousted by darts recently.

I'm guessing your American or something so that sentence must sound pretty strange to you.
        Yeah I knew it was big in the UK, but Asians love playing pool more than anyone lol. Yeah it's a stereotype, but go to any pool hall and tell me it's not true.

Comment

It's good for boxing because this could create a wave of chinese boxing promotion companies = more avenues for amateur fighters who want to turn pro or kids who don't want to slave all day in iphone factories = bigger talent pool.

I don't know why that has to be top priority, especially for the fans. Sure I can understand a promoter thinking like that but it's better for the average Chang if it's free.

Also, I can't wrap my head around why Bob would even care about PPV money at age 90. The dude is loaded and probably a mere three decade away from death. You think he would chill a bit.
          At this point he's probably doing it for his kids and grandkids and because he loves it.

Comment

Nice. What's the complaining for? This is great for the sport.

Comment

Unbelievable numbers. I really want the guy to have at least some success to maximize the amount of people who watch him and maybe a few million Chinese kids will look for a gym.

Companies will also pay big money to sponsor events in China as it is such a massive untapped market. Good news for everyone if these numbers keep coming

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
                Arum is a snake. The sooner he's out of the boxing business the better.

absolutely. dude is bringing boxing to the most populous sport in the country. how DARE HE help the game like that?

how dare he bring the possibility of the next great fighter being from china into the equation?

zou shiming won't be that guy, i'll guess. but who is to say a chinese kid with a f#cking boatload of talent didn't head to a boxing gym this morning. there are a billion and a half people in china. if they all start to box it will be biggest influx of talent the world has ever seen, especially in the low weights.

300 million people watched that show. 300 million. for a kid's pro debut...

arum should put alvarado and rios 3 on shiming's undercard

300 million people watching that would be amazing for the sport.

Comment

What a coincidence, they said 300 million were gonna watch before the fight, nothing fishy at all.

Comment

You guys are funny. You see "300 million" views, and you guys get angry for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Nice. What's the complaining for? This is great for the sport.

amazing for the sport

300 million people
                      that's f#cking astounding. there aren't many more than 300 million americans, even if you include people living or working over seas.

the people who are complaining are... how do i put this lightly... f#cking morons.

Comment

Working...
                      X