No announcement yet.

Who hit harder, Tyson or Marciano?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skydog
    The glove sizes weren't much different at all. If you look at them, they seem almost the same size.
    well it aint only about the size its also about padding

Comment

• And the weight, and how they were designed, and how easy it was for cornermen to redistribute the padding, etc. A lot of times cornermen used to move the padding away from the knuckles to give their fighters' punches a little more zip. Ah...the golden years of early boxing politics when cheating was the biggest part.

Now people bite off body parts or head-butt their opponents. A little less subtle today.

Comment

• No question- the blockbuster

Originally posted by XionComrade View Post
        For Tyson his KOs weren't really about the power, it was the sheer speed and skill behind them IMO.

Marciano was a brawler with little orthodox boxing skills, his KOs were about catching his opponents off guard IMO, very strange fighter, so who hit harder?

I think Marciano hit harder, and don't say anything about the weight, it was not a issue here...
        I'm with you, ROCKY would have nailed HOLYFIELD to the floor, and tyson was quicker, ROCKY's CHIN,.. 12 out of Ten,... TYSON's CHIN,... 7 out of Ten,... ROCKY has far greater Resume too,... how can anyone knock the likes of CHARLES, JERSEY JOE and MOORE (the greatest KO record in all boxing), as opponents,.. CRUDE, don't be rude, a crude fighter was BAER, CARNERA, GALENTO and Co.. Rocky The hardest pound for pound puncher above Lightweight,.. Period

Comment

• @ 1:54. i ain't arguing with the raging bull

Comment

Working...
          X