No announcement yet.

Don't let the facts get in the way....homeboy might of suffer a concussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
    No one said he was 100% it's his fault for taking the fight if he wasn't at his best. Anyways most of the Sergio fans were saying that even being injured he would still destroy cotto. They were WRONG and now they don't want to give one ounce of credit to cotto and say he picked on an old crippled. Sergio decided not to fight a man of his size to fight a blown up welterweight and it backfired badly
    I'm pretty sure most Sergio fans were just hoping he was 100% healthy coming into the fight, but obviously he wasn't. If you see every fight of his since Williams 2009, you could tell this Martinez was a complete shadow. He looked ackward, slow, and downright fragile due to his legs that were shot. But then Cotto fans come in and say "but it was that left hook!!!" Sergio has been in wars with some big strong punchers in Williams Pavlik Chavez Jr and so on and has taken punches clean and fought back relentlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      The point is necessarily that he re-injured his knees but that they were never recovered in the first place.

Not hard to understand considering he looked awkward as fuk from the opening bell.
      whoooooooooooooohahahahaha

Comment

I think that Sergio wanted to box the first half of the fight and then turn on the offense but he got caught by surprise and it did shake him alot, including his knee. He was hurt and went down awkwardly, So the game plan never was able to kick in and he just got beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Not to be the one to split hairs and fly in the face of facts ...

But medically speaking, a knee can be fine for WALKING, and still not be fine for strenuous sports-related activity. There is a difference between the two and medical evaluations don't necessarily clear for sports related activity during a general exam.

That report (whether valid or not) doesn't mention that a Sports Physician certified the exam or that Sergio is cleared for boxing activity -- This distinction is relevant.

Just saying .............
          AN MRI was done (which means it checks for damaged cartilage, broken bones, torn legitimates and such) it's no such thing as being cleared for "sports related activity" anyone with the following will be automatically deemed as being un able to train, or box. (even if the MRI reveals just the slightest tear) being cleared for "sports related activity" is when you've gone through the RECOVERY process. (like after 3 months of recovery) then the doctor checks if you can resume your activities. bradley had torn legitimates and they put him in a wheel chair.............the fact of the matter is sergio had absolutely nothing wrong with his knee nore hand because the MRI would have certainly revealed it (he suffered a broken nose)

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            AN MRI was done (which means it checks for damaged cartilage, broken bones, torn legitimates and such) it's no such thing as being cleared for "sports related activity" anyone with the following will be automatically deemed as being un able to train, or box. (even if the MRI reveals just the slightest tear) being cleared for "sports related activity" is when you've gone through the RECOVERY process. (like after 3 months of recovery) then the doctor checks if you can resume your activities. bradley had torn legitimates and they put him in a wheel chair.............the fact of the matter is sergio had absolutely nothing wrong with his knee nore hand because the MRI would have certainly revealed it (he suffered a broken nose)
            Have you watched prior Martinez fights? Can you honestly say Martinez was 100% healthy in there? Just curious...

Comment

I think what took Sergio out last night was a combination of Cotto being possessed to inflict damage combined with Martinez's own slowing reflexes.

Simply put, Martinez has been down many times his last few fights. He heavily depended on his speed and reflexes to keep him from harm. he was and still is slowing down and fighters have been catching up. The knee injuries were a result of getting knocked down awkwardly and wear and tear.

The athletic fighters suffer the most if they don't have a pure boxing foundation (think Roy Jones). Once the reflexes slow down, it is bad news from that point forward.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFBoxer View Post
                it was his knee doe
                Bro, you can't tell me that he looked like he was on a good pair of legs. He barely put any weight on that right leg at all and was stumbling all over the ring just trying to avoid punches....his legs are shot, I don't need an MRI to tell me that. He looked like a shell of what he was just 2 years ago...a shell of what he looked like against Chavez. No mobility, no snap on his punches...he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    I think what took Sergio out last night was a combination of Cotto being possessed to inflict damage combined with Martinez's own slowing reflexes.

Simply put, Martinez has been down many times his last few fights. He heavily depended on his speed and reflexes to keep him from harm. he was and still is slowing down and fighters have been catching up. The knee injuries were a result of getting knocked down awkwardly and wear and tear.

The athletic fighters suffer the most if they don't have a pure boxing foundation (think Roy Jones). Once the reflexes slow down, it is bad news from that point forward.
                    I was thinking about RJJ when I ws watching the fight, also because he was commentating. I couldn't help but draw a comparison between the two guys....seemingly on top of the world one day and a shell of themselves like the flip of a switch. It's crazy man, so hard to believe even when it's right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Pigsfly.... they really do!

Comment

Working...
                      X