• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Killer View Post
    All suddenly Duran is a great outside boxer
    When did I say that?

Comment

IMO, we have yet to see the best of Paul Williams. The kid is young 27 years old to be exact. One of the great things about Paul Williams is that he is still teachable and is learning on the job.

This kid has tremendous gifts.

Height, reach, workrate, decent chin, power, heart

Not to mention that he is a southpaw which can cause problems to any fighter.

Soutpaw Larry Bonds was able to hang with Ray Leonard for 10 rounds and I believe that Paul Williams would be able to do pretty well against Ray Leonard.

I would not knock Paul Williams for his loss to Quintana. It really does not matter if you lose a fight or two, it happens, what is important is how you bounce back. Paul has bounced back and has showed some real hunger. Pity he had to move out of the welter weight division and this is according to him and his trainer George Peterson, that no one at 147 wants to fight him, I don't blame anyone at welter weight for avoiding Williams and I would give major props to any welter weight who did but it looks as though Williams days as a welter are behind him but don't qoute me on this as he has been jumping up and down since he began his career as a pro less than 9 years ago. I hope they keep this kid busy.
      So how would Paul Williams do against Ray or Duran? I really don't know, Paul is still growing and I don't think we have seen a prime Williams yet. Give me a couple of years and I might be able to answer this question with a little more certainty but I believe we will be seeing Williams fighting for many, many, years to come and he is only going to get better in the process.
      Last edited by MiddleFinger; 05-26-2009, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MiddleFinger View Post
        IMO, we have yet to see the best of Paul Williams. The kid is young 27 years old to be exact. One of the great things about Paul Williams is that he is still teachable and is learning on the job.

This kid has tremendous gifts.

Height, reach, workrate, decent chin, power, heart

Not to mention that he is a southpaw which can cause problems to any fighter.

Soutpaw Larry Bonds was able to hang with Ray Leonard for 10 rounds and I believe that Paul Williams would be able to do pretty well against Ray Leonard.

I would not knock Paul Williams for his loss to Quintana. It really does not matter if you lose a fight or two, it happens, what is important is how you bounce back. Paul has bounced back and has showed some real hunger. Pity he had to move out of the welter weight division and this is according to him and his trainer George Peterson, that no one at 147 wants to fight him, I don't blame anyone at welter weight for avoiding Williams and I would give major props to any welter weight who did but it looks as though Williams days as a welter are behind him but don't qoute me on this as he has been jumping up and down since he began his career as a pro less than 9 years ago. I hope they keep this kid busy.
        So how would Paul Williams do against Ray or Duran? I really don't know, Paul is still growing and I don't think we have seen a prime Williams yet. Give me a couple of years and I might be able to answer this question with a little more certainty but I believe we will be seeing Williams fighting for many, many, years to come and he is only going to get better in the process.
        gret post, this guy who made this topic is not a real paul fan. he only likes paul cuz he black.

Comment

Working...
        X