No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch, Kessler Deadline Looms: 70-30 Chance of Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch, Kessler Deadline Looms: 70-30 Chance of Deal

PROMOTER Eddie Hearn expects that on Monday Mikkel Kessler to agree terms to fight Carl Froch at London’s O2 Arena in late May.

But Hearn has set Kessler and his promoter Kalle Sauerland a deadline of today to make the super-middleweight world title a unification bout.

The £4m showdown would likely be the UK’s biggest scrap this year, if it comes off, and Hearn says it is on the brink of being agreed with home advantage for the Nottingham boxer.

Froch, 35, is desperate for the chance to avenge a points loss to Kessler, 33, in Denmark in April 2010.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like the only thing holding up he fight is Kessler not wanting to fight in Froch's back yard. Like of money at stake. Would seem like a small sacrifice considering Froch fought Kessler in his back yard before.

Comment

Why would Nottingham not be fair? Didn't Froch fight Kessler in his backyard?

Comment

Comment

The bigger venue and the biggest attendance would come from it being in London. I say make it happen. Can't wait.

Comment

Kessler wants that BELT. All was well until this Adonis mess came up....he has to pay Adonis step aside money to make this fight happen.

Comment

He didn't technically fight in Kessler's backyard. They fought in Herning which is about as far from Copenhagen as you can get in Denmark. That's why they're comparing it to London and Nottingham. Because in Denmark that is what it is.

Herning is a promoter town, they've gotten Beyonce, Madonna and people like that to come so they're known for paying hefty site fees. So to say they fought in Kessler's backyard is not true. It's very expensive to travel from Copenhagen to Herning. You either have to fly, pay massive toll fees or pay $150 for a train ride.

Comment

I'm conflicted - as much as I am in favor of giving the mandatory his fair shot, I also want to see the Froch-Kessler fight.

Comment

why wouldn't Kessler take it unless he's shook?
                  the guy has 0 better options than this rematch
                  especially with Froch willing to drop his belt, there's no excuse
                  Kessler should be eager to take it since he fell outta the super 6
                  neither can beat Ward, so it's a fight for the number 2 spot

Comment

put it in London!!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X