Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pascal vs Diaconu II Lands on ESPN DEPORTES!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pascal vs Diaconu II Lands on ESPN DEPORTES!

According to Dan Rafael

OK, Freaks, some good news. I just sent in an update to the notebook. Here's the deal: Pascal-Diaconu was supposed to be live on ESPN360.com (which is awesome -- just got it in my area). However, because of the weather in Canada and some technical issues they couldn't get it set up. HOWEVER -- you can still see the fight because it will now be televised on ESPN Deportes on Saturday night on tape delay at 8 pm. It's better than nothing. Fortunately, I get ESPN Deportes, so I can watch it on television. I hope you do to.
    I'm assuming that is EST. And it will be a day late.

Bummer.

ESPN really knows how to stick it to boxing fans.

Their airing of Vitali-Peter was one of the worst boxing broadcasts I've ever seen.

Friday Night Fights is a good series, but they can't cover these individual events for ****.

Comment

Why didn't they just cover this fight for Friday Night Fights?

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
        ESPN really knows how to stick it to boxing fans.

Their airing of Vitali-Peter was one of the worst boxing broadcasts I've ever seen.

Friday Night Fights is a good series, but they can't cover these individual events for ****.
        Vitali-Gomez.

Vitali-Peter was on Showtime.

Anywya what is this ESPN Deportes?Who calls the fights on it?

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
          Vitali-Gomez.

Spanish ESPN channel. They show a lot of soccer. No clue who calls the fights.

Comment

Thank you for the update. Sucks it ain't live though.

So...

8PM ESPN Deportes
            9PM Showtime
            10:15 HBO

The only thing is trying to stay off boxingscene to avoid the spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
              Spanish ESPN channel. They show a lot of soccer. No clue who calls the fights.
              So when they do show the fight the commentary will be in spanish?

Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                Vitali-Gomez.

I knew it was one of those two, but I couldn't remember. Thanks for the correction. I figured if I got it wrong, someone would clear it up.

Anyway, about the Vitali-Gomez broadcast. It was terrible. You could barely hear the sounds in the arena and the commentary was awful. I don't think Tessitore did that fight though, to be fair.

Tessitore is the most underrated commentator in boxing. I wouldn't be opposed to him taking over for Lampley when the time comes. I favor him over Bob Papa.

Comment

the fuuck is ESPN Deportes???

So no ESPN Classic?

Doesn't matter, a few months ago my cable service switched things up and stripped me of ESPN classic and added it to some special pay for sports package.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                    I knew it was one of those two, but I couldn't remember. Thanks for the correction. I figured if I got it wrong, someone would clear it up.

Anyway, about the Vitali-Gomez broadcast. It was terrible. You could barely hear the sounds in the arena and the commentary was awful. I don't think Tessitore did that fight though, to be fair.

Tessitore is the most underrated commentator in boxing. I wouldn't be opposed to him taking over for Lampley when the time comes. I favor him over Bob Papa.
                    Yeah I agree with you.

But having Atlas commentate a Klitschk fight is like making Bin Laden watch Bush play golf.

Atlas absolutely hates the Klitschkos and it was hard for him not to sound a hater.

The sound indeed was terrible but you could make a case that it was in Germany so ESPN weren't the guys who's fault was it.
                    HBO had some problems in Germany aswell.

Comment

Working...
                    X