Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can Diaconu do to change things in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can Diaconu do to change things in the rematch?

This is specifically for Tunney/Carnivore, since we have a bet on this fight, but I'm curious what people think Diaconu can do to win the rematch against Pascal.

I think the main thing is to cut off the ring better, he followed Pascal around a bit too much in the first fight but I'm not sure if he's capable of doing that, his feet are kind of slow.

Comment

He wasn't sharp in the first fight, he'd been inactive for most of the previous two years. He looked terrible in a warm-up fight he had in the spring.

Cus D'Amato: "inactivity ruins a boxer".

I expect he's been spending a lot of time in the gym since then, and so I'm thinking he may be back to his 2006-early 2007 form, and so he'll have a good chance of winning this time.

It wasn't so much he was doing anything wrong in the first fight, he just wasn't quick or aggressive enough to hurt Pascal.

It's just a hunch, I may be wrong. He may be shot, or perhaps he doesn't have the motivation to get into his best fighting form anymore.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 11-06-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

this time don't stand there like a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal90 View Post
          this time don't stand there like a rock.
          Yes, that sums it up.

Comment

Diaconu needs to cut the ring off better. Far too often during the first fight he stood in the middle of the ring watching Pascal, or chased him around.

Pascal is much faster than Diaconu and if he fights like he did during a large portion of the first fight (stay on the outside and come in for quick combos), he should would on points comfortably.

However, Pascal has a tendency to square up and brawl unnecessarily. Diaconu will have to take advantage of these moments in order to win.

Comment

he is much slower than Pascal but If he can time a good counter punch he might have a chance.

Comment

I think Diaconu should do what Froch did. Maul him, hug him and load up on him when you got him in a clinch. Like Shadows said, Pascal likes to brawl.

It's not very sporting and won't make for great viewing either but do what you gotta do to win.

Comment

Working...
                X