Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you love boxing.. you should be rooting for Wilder.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you love boxing.. you should be rooting for Wilder.

Let's be honest here.. if you love boxing and want the sport to be big in America again.. you should be rooting for Wilder.

A 6'7 super athletic Heavyweight with brutal KO Power and an aggressive style.He's the ticket to boxing becoming a mainstream attraction again in the States and we all know it.

There is no way a Golevkin or a Lucas or a Broner can make as much impact in boxing as a Heavyweight like Wilder. You should WANT Wilder to succeed to carry the sport.... I know most of you are 'hardcore' fans.. but wake up. We NEED the Heavyweights to be relevant in the States for the health of the sport.
    Yes
    70.21%
    No
    19.15%
    I don't care.
    10.64%

Do I want to see Wilder succeed? Yes.

Be great to see an American at the top of the HW division. And that's my American bias showing.

But I'm more of a fan of the sport then anything.

He keeps on progressing and knocking people into epileptic seizures, great.

As far as him "saving", or being the face of the sport, don't see it happening.

Doesn't have the charisma or the type of hype that a say, Tyson had.

He keeps landing those Omega Beam right hands on people, hey, who knows.

Comment

I think he should fight a solid top 15-20 opponent ASAP. Lets see what he is made of. He is not going to learn anything by blowing out Journeymen.

He could turn out to be a big player, I just want to see him against solid opposition that won't get unconscious in 1 round. He has the tools to go far, but at heavyweight, he will eventually have to pass a chin test.

If Arreola beats Michell, which I expect, fighting Arreola should be a good gauge. Arreola is tough and will be punching back

Comment

I don't mnd the man i just want to see him in with better compition ,,I think he gives the brothers problems

Comment

Could have sworn they banned you after your last ******ed thread... guess they just deleted it

Comment

Lol imagine what people will do when he is sending top fighters into seizures on after another

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              Lol imagine what people will do when he is sending top fighters into seizures on after another

We'll just have to wait for him to fight top fighters.
              There's a chance he might, but we have to wait until he fights mid level fighters

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
                Quote:

Originally Posted by Jloro

We'll just have to wait for him to fight top fighters.
                There's a chance he might, but we have to wait until he fights mid level fighters
                That would be a good start lol

Comment

tbh I would love if the guy went on a knockout spree through the top ten but so far I can't get too excited he really really needs to step up ... even thompson, chisora or scott would be great

Comment

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post
                    Let's be honest here.. if you love boxing and want the sport to be big in America again.. you should be rooting for Wilder.

A 6'7 super athletic Heavyweight with brutal KO Power and an aggressive style.He's the ticket to boxing becoming a mainstream attraction again in the States and we all know it.

There is no way a Golevkin or a Lucas or a Broner can make as much impact in boxing as a Heavyweight like Wilder. You should WANT Wilder to succeed to carry the sport.... I know most of you are 'hardcore' fans.. but wake up. We NEED the Heavyweights to be relevant in the States for the health of the sport.
                    Agree completely. Wilder is the American HW you Americans should support 100%.

Comment

Working...
                    X