Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could say the same as ali was any heavyweight better at defense then ali in his prime?

Comment

i know we like to say wlad would not be good in other eras or even a top fighter but i aint buying it

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
        i know we like to say wlad would not be good in other eras or even a top fighter but i aint buying it
        He wouldn't even be good in this era if he was prevented from cheating, he'd still be getting put on his back by C level comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          He wouldn't even be good in this era if he was prevented from cheating, he'd still be getting put on his back by C level comp.
          Didn't you hear, Wladimir's the GOAT

Comment

Wladimir .........

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              Head to head, both in their prime, who wins and why?
              Ali would have a hard time . 6 foot 3 to 6 foot 8 in one reason the other is Ali was a mover just jabbing most of the time it's hard to win a fight when your 5 inches shorter by just jabbing and dancing. Ali was a horrible body puncher if your shorter you must be a good body puncher and a good inside fighter and Ali wasn't a good inside fighter and if the smaller Ali came in Wlad would just tie him up. Last Wlad is not as stupid as George Foreman to fall for the Rope a Dope

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                to be brutally honest, the only way Wlad gets in the ring with Ali is if Ali is 40something and in denial of Parkinsons, or else Wlad would simply turn down the fight and find another near 40something or LHW to face. A guy like Wlad would simply not get in the ring with any of the ATGs, its not his policy.
                I think your confused with Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Ali, in his very prime, beats every boxer in the history of the sport. Wladimir, although a great champion, is not an exception.

Ali is not a small boxer, so you can't say he would be overwhelmed by Wlad's size.
                  Ali has a superior jab.
                  Ali has a better chin.
                  Ali is a faster boxer.

He would find the way to beat Wlad. Probably by UD. I can't see him KO Wlad as Wlad is too defensively good to run into punch that would take him out but Ali would outbox him.
                  That's how I see it

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Ali would have a hard time . 6 foot 3 to 6 foot 8 in one reason the other is Ali was a mover just jabbing most of the time it's hard to win a fight when your 5 inches shorter by just jabbing and dancing. Ali was a horrible body puncher if your shorter you must be a good body puncher and a good inside fighter and Ali wasn't a good inside fighter and if the smaller Ali came in Wlad would just tie him up. Last Wlad is not as stupid as George Foreman to fall for the Rope a Dope
                    hehe... finally someone who says Wlad wouldn't just be slaughtered by the cruiserweight Ali. Wlad is a huge and fast, technically sound, intelligent, hard punching HW. It would be an entertaining scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Wlad wouldn't have to walk into a shot to get stopped by Ali, Ali had enough power that a solid combination could leave Wlad wobbly and ready to go late in the fight.
                      I don't think so. I've watched enough Cassius Clay/Ali fights to know that he hardly ever has his feet planted, and lands awkward punches on stationary targets who are mostly shorter then him.

There may have been one fight (I forgot the opponent) where he unloaded all his tools and had his Floyd-Gatti type moment, where he didn't just float like a butterfly and jab for 14-15 rounds straight. But that's the exception not the rule, and he could hardly do that against a 6'7 guy who isn't a bad boxer himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X