Even Mayweather Sr. Thinks $100 Million is Bull Crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bwahaha. these idiots are shook.

Comment

It's pretty obvious Arum lied about that, or bent the truth. He does that a lot if you haven't noticed. Don't qoute me on it, but I'm pretty sure that 100mil came from the potential King-Floyd contract. Not just a fight. 3 Fights.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
        bwahaha. these idiots are shook.
        May I ask what anyone would be shook about or are you just a troll.

I'm just a regular boxing fan too, not a big fan of either Pac or Mayweather. I seriously just want to know. No motives with this question.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
          It's pretty obvious Arum lied about that, or bent the truth. He does that a lot if you haven't noticed. Don't qoute me on it, but I'm pretty sure that 100mil came from the potential King-Floyd contract. Not just a fight. 3 Fights.
          So did Roger then (and now Floyd Sr):

Comment

asking for a purse that is unreasonable & unattainable is standard operating procedure for fighters that dont want to fight but use it as an excuse in order to save face publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
              So did Roger then (and now Floyd Sr):

I don't know how your English comprehension is or if you are American. (I mean no disrespect by this) I would like to see the entire video, because it's all chopped up, and from what I read into it was that he was just messing around, but the video is chopped up and misleading.

Where did Floyd Sr say anything about 100 Mil being true? He said he had no awareness and that no one in this era will get that.

EDIT: I just rewatched, and after they chopped in the Pac sparring, he even says "naaaaa" as in he was messing around.
              Last edited by Battle*Hardened; 03-22-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I could see Mayweather demanding 100 million for 3 fights, that's actually not that unreasonable when you are taking into consideration the amounts of money they will make off of his fights, including the Pacquiao fight. If he lost against Pacquiao, you could bet he takes a rematch to avenge the loss, and that's 2 of the 3 fights right there, and you know both would sell ridiculously, well enough at least that they could afford him that kind of money.

For one fight though? No way. That's a ridiculous demand and if he actually made that demand for the one fight I'd say it's just another way of ducking Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSciencePHD View Post
                  I could see Mayweather demanding 100 million for 3 fights, that's actually not that unreasonable when you are taking into consideration the amounts of money they will make off of his fights, including the Pacquiao fight. If he lost against Pacquiao, you could bet he takes a rematch to avenge the loss, and that's 2 of the 3 fights right there, and you know both would sell ridiculously, well enough at least that they could afford him that kind of money.

For one fight though? No way. That's a ridiculous demand and if he actually made that demand for the one fight I'd say it's just another way of ducking Pacquiao.
                  again,

asking for a purse that is unreasonable & unattainable is standard operating procedure for fighters that dont want to fight but use it as an excuse in order to save face publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSciencePHD View Post

He didn't, but people are going to keep saying what they will with no consequence, so rumors will continue to spread. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
                      He didn't, but people are going to keep saying what they will with no consequence, so rumors will continue to spread. It is what it is.
                      Yeah, I absolutely hate Mayweather with a passion, but I wouldn't think he was actually audacious enough to ask for that kind of money unless it was a multi-fight deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X