Winky Wright and Nazim Richardson Talk about Pacquiao/Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winky Wright and Nazim Richardson Talk about Pacquiao/Mayweather

Brother Nazim Richardson:

Oh, I don't mess with that stuff man. Now in the last couple fights they asked me to pick. I called them and I picked the right guy. But my thing is this man: Everybody at this level can fight, everybody is special up at that level. So your queen can't do more than my queen, your rook doesn't move in a way my rook doesn't move. It's going to be the strategy employed that makes the difference

Now, I'm gonna tell you, though. From Floyd's perspective: the minute you start talking about how small Pacquiao is, you're beat. I told Shane, "if you fight him, if anybody in the camp calls you bigger than Pacquiao, I'll put them out of the camp."

Because that's just media ****. Every time they mention Pacquiao they mention he started at 106 lbs. Well, hot damn, all of us at one time were under 25lbs! I got up to be over 300 lbs, but one time I was under 25 lbs. Why do they talk like that, "You know he started his career at 106."

But they keep bringing it up and I told them the same thing; the greatest trick the devil ever did was convince the world he didn't exist. The greatest trick that Pacquiao ever did was convince you all that he was a small man! And he's going to keep beating the **** out of people who keep thinking he's a small man. At 147 lbs., Pacquiao is a small man like Mike Tyson was a small heavyweight!

Was Mike Tyson a small heavyweight? Well, he was a pretty short heavyweight, but short and small are two different things. As long as they keep believing that they'll get beat. Cotto did that though the first couple of rounds. He hit Pacquiao the first couple of rounds and Pacquiao stood there, and Cotto is like, what? He gonna stay there a little longer.

Let me ask you a question. Muhammad Ali was the taller man against Frazier, correct?

Ali shot the jab, and circled. Didn't that happen?

When do we change in boxing and say, "the guy is shorter than me I'm gonna walk him down." That was boxing 101, that was common sense in boxing. I thought everybody knew-I thought people who couldn't box knew that. Cotto is in there, and Oscar walking him down. Is Muhammed Ali gonna walk Joe Frazier down? "Joe Frazier's the small heavyweight." So don't tell me Pacquiao is smaller. Either guy can win.

Winky Wright:

I picked Cotto. I went against Pacquiao two times. Against De La Hoya and against Cotto. And both times I lost. Pacquiao is an exciting and dangerous fighter, man. Against Floyd or against whoever I'm not gonna bet against him. I thought Floyd would kill him before, but now he made me a believer.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The...uiaomayweather

LMAO at winky.. he looks like he is about to hop on the pac bandwaggon.. And naz knows his ****..

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
      LMAO at winky.. he looks like he is about to hop on the pac bandwaggon.. And naz knows his ****..
      cosign. naz is a very wise trainer

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
        I agree with Naz. Cotto kept saying that he was bigger and stronger. That was the same mistake that Hatton made against Floyd. Ricku swore that he was gonna be able to manhandle Floyd the way that Cotto thought he would outmuscle Pac.

Comment

Winky Wright had better get his cream puff eating ass in the gym and work on becoming relevant again.

Comment

hatton and cotto made a mistake that they could overpower pac......but, pac being smaller than them is a fact........thats not a myth, thats a fact.....

Comment

It's a fact that he is smaller, but that doesn't mean that he is weak. These guys shouldn't have understimated Pac, but regardless Pacquiao would have wooped them anyways. Naz is very right, and he knows his boxing quite well

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                hatton and cotto made a mistake that they could overpower pac......but, pac being smaller than them is a fact........thats not a myth, thats a fact.....
                It is a myth. Pac has been fighting in the 140s for several years. Pac was fighting much smaller men at SFW.

Comment

Naz pulling out a 'The Usual Suspects' quote.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Marquez View Post
                    It is a myth. Pac has been fighting in the 140s for several years. Pac was fighting much smaller men at SFW.
                    Cotto has been fighting at 160 lbs in the ring and Hatton in the low 150s. Pac was the smaller man against them, your point is?

Comment

Working...
                    X