Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Insists "No More Than A Year" Left In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly... does it really matter ? .. according to boxingscene logic...

If Cotto Wins.. Canelo was never that great of a fighter anyway...

If Canelo wins... Cotto was pass his prime and shouldn't have been in the ring anyway..

Regardless who wins or loses pretty much everyone wants to discredit a fighter..

Realize this.. both are great fighters... both put it all on the line for our entertainment.. and who cares who wins or who will lose.. at the end of the day these 2 warriors are gonna give us a great fight and may the best man win without any excuses..

**Rant Done**

Comment

[QUOTE=deathofaclown;16219588]I don't care who wins. I don't think either guy is a real elite fighter like the marketing of the fight would suggest.

I have to disagree w/ u here, he is an elite fighter...he's fought;
      -Mayweather
      -judah
      -Mosley
      -Margarito twice
      -Pacquioa
      -Martinez
      -Trout
      -Clottey
      -Mayorga
      -Malinacci
      -Chop chop Corley
      -Randall Bailey

All the above mentioned fighters are world class fighters aka elite...these are not club fighters.

Canelo has also fought elite fighters;
      -Mayweather
      -Lara
      -Trout
      -Kirkland
      -Angulo

Just cause they don't dance pretty don't mean they aren't elite fighters...they are world class fighters

Comment

[QUOTE=sugar ray lenrd;16219944]
        Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I don't care who wins. I don't think either guy is a real elite fighter like the marketing of the fight would suggest.

I have to disagree w/ u here, he is an elite fighter...he's fought;
        -Mayweather
        -judah
        -Mosley
        -Margarito twice
        -Pacquioa
        -Martinez
        -Trout
        -Clottey
        -Mayorga
        -Malinacci
        -Chop chop Corley
        -Randall Bailey

All the above mentioned fighters are world class fighters aka elite...these are not club fighters.

Canelo has also fought elite fighters;
        -Mayweather
        -Lara
        -Trout
        -Kirkland
        -Angulo

Just cause they don't dance pretty don't mean they aren't elite fighters...they are world class fighters
        They are world class fighters but elite are the likes of Floyd who they both lost to. or Manny when Cotto fought him. That is elite. These two are just good world class fighters. One of which may not be as good as he once was, and one has looked very unconvincing when he's fought the best opponents on his record and lucky to have just 1 loss on his record

Elite fighters don't go life and death with or lose to Trout. And Cotto lost some of those fights you listed, if you're going to make a point at least make it positive. He lost to Floyd, Margarito, Manny, Trout in that list and i believe he drew or lost to Clottey too, but he got the win so whatever.

Comment

great career great fighter we enjoyed you!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=deathofaclown;16219972]
            Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post

They are world class fighters but elite are the likes of Floyd who they both lost to. or Manny when Cotto fought him. That is elite. These two are just good world class fighters. One of which may not be as good as he once was, and one has looked very unconvincing when he's fought the best opponents on his record and lucky to have just 1 loss on his record

Elite fighters don't go life and death with or lose to Trout. And Cotto lost some of those fights you listed, if you're going to make a point at least make it positive. He lost to Floyd, Margarito, Manny, Trout in that list and i believe he drew or lost to Clottey too, but he got the win so whatever.
            ali went life n death with some fighters people thought he would walk through does that mean hes not elite? trout is a good fighter, styles make fights plus cotto was just coming off a mayweather loss n should have taken an easier fight. just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
              honestly... does it really matter ? .. according to boxingscene logic...

If Cotto Wins.. Canelo was never that great of a fighter anyway...

If Canelo wins... Cotto was pass his prime and shouldn't have been in the ring anyway..

Regardless who wins or loses pretty much everyone wants to discredit a fighter..

Realize this.. both are great fighters... both put it all on the line for our entertainment.. and who cares who wins or who will lose.. at the end of the day these 2 warriors are gonna give us a great fight and may the best man win without any excuses..

**Rant Done**
              this whole site is dead set on discrediting fighters lol that's all I read here

Comment

[QUOTE=12TRIBEsRiSe;16220056]

ali went life n death with some fighters people thought he would walk through does that mean hes not elite? trout is a good fighter, styles make fights plus cotto was just coming off a mayweather loss n should have taken an easier fight. just my opinion
                I still believe he's been carefully matched since then giving a false idea of what he has left. I don't think anybody really knows. I just don't think he's the fighter he once was.

Anyway i'm tired of repeating myself so im off for a dump, some hand relief and dinner. Not sure what order yet, maybe all at the same time.

Comment

[QUOTE=12TRIBEsRiSe;16220056]

Excellent points.
                  Last edited by bigjer88; 11-12-2015, 05:40 PM. Reason: Plural

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                    this whole site is dead set on discrediting fighters lol that's all I read here
                    Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                      Yes, Cotto has made a lot of money and won a lot of titles.

There isn't really too much else for him to do.

IF he beats Canelo he won't fight Golovkin. Even if it means vacating. At this point I don't think the 160 title means that much to him.

A think a good possibility (possibly even irrespective of Canelo result) might be Bradley, unless Tim gets a third shot at Pacquiao.

A bad loss to Canelo might see retirement. Either way 1-2 more fights max.
                      Oh if Cotto beats Canelo then he is he real deal. It would be his greatest victory and to take that away from him would be criminal. Esecially a fighter at his age, facing a guy 10 years younger. It would be quite an accomplishment. I think the betting odds are too close for this fight. I think Canelo is a clear favorite. Not a big one, but clear enough that Cotto winning would be an upset.

Comment

Working...
                      X