Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA Considering scrapping "Super" titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBA Considering scrapping "Super" titles?

An article on WBN states the WBA are considering scrapping their controversial Super titles. I have no knowledge of the WBA and their workings so cannot confirm this.

I will gain a lot more respect for the WBA if this is true - their rankings are usually pretty decent.

Your thoughts? Anyone with more info?

they need to get rid of that 'super' and 'interim' nonsense.

Comment

When even the governing body itself can see how ridiculous the notion are, you know that it's ****.

So the move is good, but a dozen years to late.

Comment

it will take me a good 10 years before i trust the sanctioning bodies again. they've been not but a joke for as long as i've been involved with boxing.

this is a step in the positive direction. power to the WBA if they want to clean the sport up. powerful organizations like this one will be the ones to change this sport, not any one single fighter or a group of fans.

networks, promotors, and sanctioning bodies.

Comment

About time too. One champion per sanctioning body and then from there they can begin to determine who really is the best in the division

Comment

So then will Povetkin lose his paper title? cause Wlad is "super champion"

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
              So then will Povetkin lose his paper title? cause Wlad is "super champion"
              Probably, not as if it matters much what belt he has

Comment

This is a step in the right direction. Now if only the WBC would get rid of it's "champion emeritus" nonsense....

Comment

Working...
                X