Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Protein Shake help me lost weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TS: yes and no. protein maintains muscle, in a calories surplus it can add muscle. so your weight can stay relatively the same but you lose bdf%. in a calorie deficit, it will maintain muscle without adding too much muscle. which may or may not see the scale change even though your bdf% drops.

@original: yeah, it can help. drink cassein protein or whey protein with milk(cassein is in milk). cassein protein is slow digesting so it will be in your system longer. or drink it before you go to bed. it'll slow digest while you sleep aiding recovery.

for anyone who wants to know. you can make a protein shake with whole food. 1 cup milk, 1 banana, tbl spoon peanut/almond butter blend together. you have yourself a basic protein shake. add fruit, cinnamon, wheat germ etc if you like. that is just the bare minimum what i put first.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyFloyd9 View Post
      Im 15, 5'8, and weigh 197.

I want to be around 150, I train every single day for 2 hours and I wanna know if protein shakes will help me lose some weight, If not, what does it do?

Also, Is it good drinking protein shakes at 15?

and are u supposed to take it before u work out or after?

Directly, no. The only way it would help is if it keeps you full and prevents you from over eating. It helped me a bit in the past, I would drink a shake after my workout at the gym so that by the time I got home I wasnt hungry. I found I was starving before and overeating when I got home, theres that time delay between when you eat and when you feel full. So it helped indirectly.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        for anyone who wants to know. you can make a protein shake with whole food. 1 cup milk, 1 banana, tbl spoon peanut/almond butter blend together. you have yourself a basic protein shake. add fruit, cinnamon, wheat germ etc if you like. that is just the bare minimum what i put first.
        I'm a skinny f-ck, so I actually add those 3 things to my whey protein. Not all the time though. My usual protein shake is just water, 1-2 scoops of whey protein, and 5 grams of creatine.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          @original: yeah, it can help. drink cassein protein or whey protein with milk(cassein is in milk). cassein protein is slow digesting so it will be in your system longer. or drink it before you go to bed. it'll slow digest while you sleep aiding recovery.

Good looking out man. Like I said, I'm not trying to gain any weight so I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I just need it as a replacement on most night I don't feel like eating. Thanks again.

Comment

protein is filling per calorie compared to snacks, so if it is to replace them then go for it! choose pro max diet whey or something. but it can only HELP. you need to be running 5-7 miles minimum 3-4 times a week. build it up slowly. without cardio you cant lose weight, so swimming cycling cross trainers and JOGGING are the best as well as knowing your diet. you want to lose alot of weight it seems, so stick to light weights or calisthenics for conditioning. if it is fat you want to lose then lifting weights might not change the scales but will change the fat %. depends what you;re losing weight for really, for aesthetics then weights are fine and increase metabolism. if it is for boxing then run baby run!

Comment

Protein shakes are good to build the muscles, these shakes help to reduce the fat in body by turning the fat into muscles, that's why protein shakes are mostly recomended for the budybuilders to gain the muscles.
              Last edited by Roderick222; 11-10-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X