No announcement yet.

Chavez/Martinez Over/Under 400,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    thought i heard different but ok thanks for correcting me. I dont really care about PPV numbers just posted to contribute. Dont think it does but hey it is a "holiday"
    I think it does over 400 and i think Chavez Jr. has the most underestimated fan base in Boxing. His fights generate big tv ratings and i think it will transcend into ppv buys for this fight with Sergio Martinez, Mexican Independence Day weekend, 2 24/7 episodes the last big Boxing event would have been in june.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      I think the comparison is closer to Morales-Pacquiao I or Mayweather-Gatti, which both only did like 350k. And that was back when boxing was much more popular. So my guess is 300k.
      Boxing was much more popular in 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by LasVegas Boxing View Post
        Boxing was much more popular in 2005?
        In 2005, HBO used to regularly get over 2 million viewers per fight while nowadays we get half of that.

Comment

Over. I think Chavez's fanbase, the backstory, and the two episodes of 24/7 will be enough to persuade at least some casuals to purchase it, along with the hardcore fans.

Comment

Casuals will also be watching Canelo vs Lopez on CBS so that's going to eat into the PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Casuals will also be watching Canelo vs Lopez on CBS so that's going to eat into the PPV buys.
              Damn I didn't think of Canelo. If it's on CBS then it will take some buys, but if it's on Showtime, I don't know if it's as big a factor. Far fewer people have Showtime and I just don't think it will be on CBS.

Comment

since I am a Boxing Fan FIRST...I hope they do big numbers, boxing needs more then just Pacquiao and Mayweather to do big numbers, fans need to stop supporting boxing just based off of Race and Country and support it IN GENERAL, you have people who don't support fights when a fighter of their Race is not involved...if you do that then don't even fukin call yourself a Boxing Fans, your a Fan of BOXERS ONLY!

Comment

under. I can't imagine that many ppl would pay for this fight.

Comment

i don't know, i just know im buying it!

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                      i don't know, i just know im buying it!
                      WHY??!! 10 chars

Comment

Working...
                      X