Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrie Sanders vs Tommy Morrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great match while it lasts with Morrison blowing out Sanders early.

Sanders was more of an opportunist ko merchant, who didn't defend his chin. Fast and brutal, but had low guard/high chin syndrome in epic proportions. Not that Morrison had a better chin, but he took better care of it, and i don't think Corrie's straight arm attacks from a southpaw stance are going to do him any favours against a crouching left hooker like Morrison.

Comment

Corrie Sanders could bang? Since when? Because he knocked out glass chin Wlad? That is the only time he showed any real power in his career. Tommy Morrison doesnt have a chin? Why because Lennox Lewis stopped him? Because Mercer stopped him? Or because he got caught looking past Michael Bent? Wait wait I know because he got knocked down by Ross Purrity and got up and Wlad who actually does have a glass chin gotk knocked out by Purrity.

Morrison's chin was better than Joe Louis, No 170 pound boxer could rock him like Billy Conn did Louis. Corrie Sanders power is built up to make Wlad's chin and overall ability seem higher by saying he was knocked out by a good fighter.

In reality Morrison was far superior to Sanders in everyway. Does that mean Morrison couldnt be stopped by Sanders? Nope any person can be stopped by 9 out of 10 times Morrison would stop Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleSeahawks View Post
        Corrie Sanders could bang? Since when? Because he knocked out glass chin Wlad? That is the only time he showed any real power in his career. Tommy Morrison doesnt have a chin? Why because Lennox Lewis stopped him? Because Mercer stopped him? Or because he got caught looking past Michael Bent? Wait wait I know because he got knocked down by Ross Purrity and got up and Wlad who actually does have a glass chin gotk knocked out by Purrity.

Morrison's chin was better than Joe Louis, No 170 pound boxer could rock him like Billy Conn did Louis. Corrie Sanders power is built up to make Wlad's chin and overall ability seem higher by saying he was knocked out by a good fighter.

In reality Morrison was far superior to Sanders in everyway. Does that mean Morrison couldnt be stopped by Sanders? Nope any person can be stopped by 9 out of 10 times Morrison would stop Sanders

my guess would be since around his 18th birthday when the manstrength started to come

dude could hit very hard
        he's the only man to seriously stun vitali

if i can remember correctly without looking at his record i think he's got about ten or 15 first round knockouts, and they are not all in south africa against cab drivers

he was an unbelievably gifted athlete
        many people consider him the hardest hitting southpaw ever

are you sure you aren't thinking of corey sanders? (T-Rex)

Comment

interesting matchup. While I think Morrison was overall the better fighter, his chin was a major downfall. I can imagine him winning clearly, but then getting popped by Sanders and being in lala land. Sanders didnt have that much going for him, but he was definitely fast and hit hard. that surprise power would catch Morrison eventually.

If Morrison could survive past about round 6, he could win. but with his jaw...I dont know. I see Sanders putting him down and overwhelming him after.

Comment

Sanders could hit very hard and had fast hands for a big heavyweight. Most of his wins were by KO. You could make a lot of valid criticisms of Corrie, but not being a puncher isn't one of them.

Comment

I got sanders on this one via 5th rd ko

Comment

So having alot of knockouts over nobodies mean you can punch? Great so Tye Fields is harder puncher than George Foreman. Sanders power is so great that he couldnt knock out glass chin Hasim Rahman. Oooh he hurt Vitali? So did a washed up Lennox Lewis. Vitali being hurt shows how overrated he is not how great Sanders power is. Vitali avoids anybody who is in their primes or have any talent just like his brother does and Manny Pac dos.

When you look at Sanders career he only knocked out Wlad and as I said Wlad has a poor chin.

Morrison would smash him

Comment

So having alot of knockouts over nobodies mean you can punch? Great so Tye Fields is harder puncher than George Foreman. Sanders power is so great that he couldnt knock out glass chin Hasim Rahman. Oooh he hurt Vitali? So did a washed up Lennox Lewis. Vitali being hurt shows how overrated he is not how great Sanders power is. Vitali avoids anybody who is in their primes or have any talent just like his brother does and Manny Pac dos.

When you look at Sanders career he only knocked out Wlad and as I said Wlad has a poor chin.

Morrison would smash him
                  Sanders KOed Wladimir, and truth be told thats better than anything Morrison was able to accomplish. he also almost finished off Rahman early but fell apart late, which is why I would favor Morrison over him if the fight goes past 6, maybe even 5 rounds.

The better fighter doesnt always win. Morrison had a bad jaw, and although Sanders was quite flawed himself he had surprising power that would have exploited Morrison's chin.
                  although there is a good chance Morrison survives and takes him out late/outboxes him.

Comment

morrison takes this one imo

Comment

Working...
                    X