No announcement yet.

This is the Pacquiao who Tyson said was one of the most ferocious fighters ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    This was actually a much better Ricky, he was under Floyd sr, and coming off his best win, he out boxed and stopped Paulie Malignaggi. Hatton was able to confuse the slickster.

Ricky just came in over confident he came in prepared and hungry to knock pac out thinking Pac was just a small little man who beat ona drained Oscar, Pac gets full credit for disposing of a motivated and ferocious aggressive Hatton.

Hatton is a warrior, people can diss him but the guy goes out on his shield. That was back and forth action.
    He had an awful training camp. He peaked too soon, Floyd Snr didn't train him properly, he was being trained by Lee Beard (that was his name iirc) more than him.

Regardless, I think Pac for a few years was an absolute savage in his absolute prime. I remember staying up till like 4/5am (UK) to watch that fight, borrowed my friends viewing box and it was over in 2 rounds. I just sat there, in awe of Pac. It seemed like everytime he hit Hatton, it affected him. He had so much speed, explosiveness and variety.

I believe Pac from the DLH fight until the Margarito fight, could have beaten Floyd (2 year span). Floyd knew Manny was a serious threat, you can tell that by listening to his interviews (not that he would be BEATEN by Pac, Floyd is a fighter and has a huge ego too) and knew Pac would slow down or lose at some point too. I remember after the Cotto fight, how excited I was for the Pac-Floyd fight in 2010, a travesty that it didn't happen.

Comment

Pacquiao's a legend.

Comment

Cotto quit on his knees after 11 rounds, Morales after 3 on his ass... but Cotto is the quitter? Trolling aside (though accurate) this was still my favorite version of Manny as well. Really, Manny before he became a jesus freak is always great fun to watch.

Comment

We had no idea what we were getting with Pacquiao at that time.

Dude literally just showed up on HBO and went through 3 Mexican HOF fighters in row.

Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Comment

Working...
          X