Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is not illiterate. He speaks, reads and writes 4 FOUR Languages !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
    Way to make up ****. You were starting off ok with the lies until you said he dropped out of school because he wasn't good at reading and writing.
    "Pacquiao completed his elementary education at Saavedra Saway Elementary School in General Santos City, but dropped out of high school due to extreme poverty." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Pacquiao

Way to not know about the man you worship.

Cebuano and Tagalog aren't that close either. I can barely understand my Bisaya friends.
    Most times people who speak different dialects cannot understand each other. One is a city dialect. While the other is a rural country boy dialect. That's a characteristic off 3rd world countries. They often have several dialects so that the people could not communicate so to avoid civil unrest hundreds of years ago.

English is taught in Filipino schools since elementary as well. The Philippines is ranked third in the countries with most English speakers in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ing_population
    I can believe that as the Philippines have been sucking on America's tit for decades. Millions if not billions go to the Philippines from American tax payers.

edit: as for the Spanish language influencing Filipino dialects, we say a few nouns, maybe some verbs, add a few "pero" in the vocabulary, and there's your Spanish influence. Not as heavily influenced as you claim, otherwise I'd be able to understand the landscapers that do my lawn.
    Okay, I believe you. I just knew that there is strong Spanish influence in the Philippines because the Spaniards conquered the island. Hence the whiter skin Pinoy think that they are better than the darker skin pinoy. Lightening cream, anyone?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5182422AAIGUv7

Comment

i know like 20 words in korean...do i now speak the language?

Comment

Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
        It's funny some people here say Pacquiao is illiterate.
        Pacquaio speaks, reads and writes:

1. Cebuano (dialect in his hometown)
        2. Tagalog (Filipino National language)
        3. English (not fluent but OK)
        4. Spanish (barely)

Almost of all posters here only speak 1 or 2 language
        Come on man,who doesnt know Pacquiao's illiterate?
        He might speak those languages but he cant read or write

Comment

Pacquiao is perfectly literate. In fact I give him immense credit for making an effort to speak in a different language and sound pretty good doing it. I just find it hard people criticizing Manny when they only speak one language themselves.

All the credit to Manny for speaking more than just Tagalog.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            Bull****.

Cebuano and Tagalog are very close. Pretty much different dialects.

Spanish heavily influenced the Filipino language and culture. After all, the conquistadors arrived and took over in the 1500's. Many words in Tagalog and Cebuano are Spanish words. So its not a stretch that a Filipino would be able to recognized Spanish words. And from what I understand he didn't read or write well in any language as he dropped out of school.

Hell I can say a few things in Tagalog, but I wouldn't list it on my resume.

We all know how good Manny's English is.
            You don't know s..t about Philippine languages. A cebuano who does not know tagalog won't be able to understand that language and vice versa. Italian is much closer to spanish than tagalog is to cebuano.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
              "Pacquiao completed his elementary education at Saavedra Saway Elementary School in General Santos City, but dropped out of high school due to extreme poverty." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Pacquiao

Way to not know about the man you worship.

Most times people who speak different dialects cannot understand each other. One is a city dialect. While the other is a rural country boy dialect. That's a characteristic off 3rd world countries. They often have several dialects so that the people could not communicate so to avoid civil unrest hundreds of years ago.

I can believe that as the Philippines have been sucking on America's tit for decades. Millions if not billions go to the Philippines from American tax payers.

Okay, I believe you. I just knew that there is strong Spanish influence in the Philippines because the Spaniards conquered the island. Hence the whiter skin Pinoy think that they are better than the darker skin pinoy. Lightening cream, anyone?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5182422AAIGUv7
              Stop your bull****ting. Stop pretending you know something. You don't know s..t about what you're talking about.
              Tagalog is a language distinct from cebuano, another language. Ilocano is another language by itself.
              Research it and be educated.

Comment

Working...
              X