No announcement yet.

How to separate casual fans from hardcore fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    I believe I'm a casual. I don't dedicate my life to this ish. I am a fan though, same as with the NBA. I wouldn't burn a Lebron jersey. Basically, I have an outside life. To each his own...
    I don't dedicate my life neither, I got a restaurant and a girlfriend and a child soon. But I follow this sport with a passion.

Comment

I respect your opinion but I had all your predictions right, except for the Fortuna - Sosa one.

If Glowacki beats Usyk I'll give you my ring.

Comment

Casuals think the entire boxing world resides when Floyd fights or PBC broadcasts.

I've noticed hrdcore fans actually are aware of international talent, casuals stay close to home ony supporting local american boxers.

Comment

Casual fans are the ones who only dickride or only hate on certain fighters and never discuss actual boxing.

Comment

What's your opinion on GGG not budging from 160 but wants all his opponents to come up or drop in weight for him?

Also what's your opinion on GGG saying he's fighting for legacy and belts at 160 yet he's taken step aside money twice to let belt holders fight other people. And he's currently fighting a welterweight. How is that helping him with legacy?

When team GGG said "anyone from 154 to 168 can get it" did they mean it as long as those fighters at 154 move up to 160 and the 168 lbers move down to 160?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
              We can talk, we can debate, we can argue, we can call each other names, we can love and we can hate. In the end, all of that is subjective bvll****. There is only one way to separate the casuals from the hardcore fans. And that's going by the succes of their prediction rate. Which active fighter can beat which active fighter when they face each other? THAT's what proves your worth as a boxing fan. If you get lots of wrong predictions, you know nothing about the sport and is just guessing. If almost all of your predictions, or in my case, ALL of the predictions, are true... Then you can call yourself an expert of hardcore fan. Everything else is subjective cheap talk.
              Picking winners of a match is what bookies do. I dont consider vegas odds makers or the ones that give them inside scoop boxing experts or hardcore fans. Real hardcore fans live the sport and are in the gym either training or teaching the sweet science. A guy that has never taken a punch to the head is no expert. Just because someone makes a bad prediction doesnt make them a non-expert, most boxing fans go with their heart and the heart is deceptive. There are pro boxers that make horrible predictions of fights based on their heart but i wouldnt say they are not an expert or casual, just human.

Comment

True. But it does have something to do with ones understanding of the sport.
                Not sure that's true. You can guess 100% and still don't know what a right cross is. Also, what is your predictions based on, what the fighter/coach said to the media about camp? There are many facets of the fight game and if you just started watching and don't learn about the sport you can't be a hardcore fan. I just started posting on here after getting tired of reading nonsense but i've been a fan since 1986

Comment

I don't dedicate my life neither, I got a restaurant and a girlfriend and a child soon. But I follow this sport with a passion.
                  Same here.

Very successful business, wife of 14 years, 3 year old baby girl and another set to arrive around Christmas.

But love me some boxing...well sports really

Comment

We can talk, we can debate, we can argue, we can call each other names, we can love and we can hate. In the end, all of that is subjective bvll****. There is only one way to separate the casuals from the hardcore fans. And that's going by the succes of their prediction rate. Which active fighter can beat which active fighter when they face each other? THAT's what proves your worth as a boxing fan. If you get lots of wrong predictions, you know nothing about the sport and is just guessing. If almost all of your predictions, or in my case, ALL of the predictions, are true... Then you can call yourself an expert of hardcore fan. Everything else is subjective cheap talk.
                    Well you already admitted you were using someone else's predictions and you stated that sugar ray leonard is the 3rd best middleweight of all time in your opinion...so it's pretty clear where you fit in.

Comment

I like this guy

Comment

Working...
                      X