Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the outrage over lomas mismatch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Idk, but I think Lomo's being a little overpayed for this level of fight. Say what you well, Bob's taking care of him financially just like he did with Rigo.
    If this was Leo Santa Cruz, NSB would be having a fit right now.

Comment

I give him a pass as long as next year is explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Yes you do. Loma is a future star and arum doesn't want to risk him losing.he wouldn't risk putting loma in with walters at 130. they fell back on unifying-then he didn't even make the vevetka fight.
        Vetyeka signed to Haymon, they also offered him to fight Loma on the May 2 card but he declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Idk, but I think Lomo's being a little overpayed for this level of fight. Say what you well, Bob's taking care of him financially just like he did with Rigo.
          Look these purses. HBO better Make Gonzalez vs Estrada and don't say **** about money.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            I agree it's terrible, but the situations are a bit different than salka who was dragged up two divisions and not even ranked in the top 50 of the division he actually fought in. The guy loma is fighting fights in his division and is ranked in the top 25. I'm not trying to justify it, it's a horrible fight that I have no interest in. The odds being so crazy is because of how good loma is, not just because of how bad the other guy is. That wasn't the case in the other fights you referenced.
            Hold up. Loma is very good but Garcia, a world champion, undefeated, with several great wins isn't very good?

Come on EL B-both opponents are crap and that is why both are such big underdogs. Now, you are correct, it isn't the same as bringing salka up. but please, can we stop trying to differentiate between -14000 opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
              Vetyeka signed to Haymon, they also offered him to fight Loma on the May 2 card but he declined.
              I didn't know. Thanks for that. I thought he was with TR and thats why Bob put his name out there.

I guess its easy fights until the Donaire fight.

Sucks because (you and I discussed this way back) Loma could have the best resume in 75 years if he fought everyone that he could. he has the star power and the skills.

Comment

there wont be an outrage....

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
                  Look these purses. HBO better Make Gonzalez vs Estrada and don't say **** about money.
                  $750k to $35k is hilarious to see. I know there's more money going around than what's being reported here, but that's a waste of budget to pay Lomachenko that much for a stay busy fight when he's not even the draw here. We should've got a couple of these kinda fights outta him for that.

Bob was talking Rigo/Lomo would've been $500k for each with the winner getting an extra $500k?! I'm missing something?

Comment

Good question.

Comment

Its disgraceful. I dont buy the 'inexperience' excuse either as hes at the top of the division for outclassing Russell Jr.

As with Santa Cruz, one good fight doesnt make up for a ton of mismatches. Santa Cruz's case was far more severe, but the criticism should be the same.

If this was PBC there would be more outcry, but I can understand why. It seems to happen FAR too often with popular PBC fighters - Quillin, Wilder, Garcia, Wilder, Santa Cruz. I think Haymon has created the unsavoury reputation himself and needs to sort that out. As i've already said though, the criticism should be the same for any fighter with a string of mismatches, whether its LSC or Lomachenko..

Comment

Working...
                      X