Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo told his promoter "No! I want to fight Lara".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo told his promoter "No! I want to fight Lara".

Lara, someone who doesn't sell, isn't known, and style that could not be eye pleasing.

Canelo risked to make the fight happen. You dudes need to give Canelo his props. However that's not why I'm making this thread. This thread is to call out those boxers that you love and worship, AKA Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather, and Danny Garcia.

Manny Pacquiao could say fuck Algieri, and look for a more notable fight. But no! Instead he chooses to do it, an easy fight. He is a top 5 P4P, at least fucking fight an opponent that's credible. The standards should be raised for boxers at that level.

Miguel Cotto in another fraud excuse of a fight. Now you could say, Mr Fantastic, we don't know yet who he's fighting, you're such a hater gosh! fuck that! We know damn well he's along with Arum are going to choose an easy fight. If you'd noticed Cotto's track history, he always keeps choosing a couple of easy fights before being challenged, in which most of those he comes up short. Lee & Rubio are sorry excuses of a fight. He's not a P4P boxer but the mythical warrior stuff is nothing but horse shit.

Floyd Mayweather, the biggest pussy out of all on the list. As soon as there is a real challenge, he either ducks it, drains it, or retires. Now if he was TBE, wouldn't the standards be raised? Instead he gives us most fights that the public doesn't want to see.

Did the public ask for Maidana rematch? No
    Did they ask for the first fight? No
    Did they ask for a Canelo fight? Yes, and look what he did, like a total hypocrite, he goes and asks for a catch weight.
    Did the public ask for Guerrero? No
    Did the public ask for Cotto? Yes, but it had to take two beatings.
    Did the public ask for Ortiz? No
    Did the public ask for Mosley? Maybe and that was with Mosley coming in with a 16+month layoff.
    Did the public ask for Marquez? More on the yes side, and Marquez came up TWO divisions.

Now look at it with closely. Would someone that is a true legend of the sport do that? That looks like a whole bunch of cherries.

Let's continue to Danny Garcia, someone who I am a fan of, even before the Puerto Ricans started dick riding him and putting him on their AVs. He and Canelo share the same promoter but yet unlike Canelo, he continued to go with this fight. Some could say it's Haymon, but GBPs is where he's at. This fight is shit vs Salka! There is no excuse for this cherry pick. Salka isn't even rated and yet the #1 in the division doesn't want to truly test himself.

Now I know people are going to come up with wwaaahhh waaaahhh business sense/ppv bullshit. Just know you're going to walk into a hole with that.
    Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 08-06-2014, 02:45 AM.

Algeiri is basically Lara with more volume, better footwork and heart and he was not Pacquiao's first option. He wanted Floyd or JMM and both ducked him.

And Pacquiao's last 5 fights were JMM 3, Bradley, JMM 4, Rios and Bradley 2

You won't find a tougher past 5 fights on any fighters resume period

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Algeiri is basically Lara with more volume, better footwork and heart and he was not Pacquiao's first option. He wanted Floyd or JMM and both ducked him.

And Pacquiao's last 5 fights were JMM 3, Bradley, JMM 4, Rios and Bradley 2

You won't find a tougher past 5 fights on any fighters resume period
      Your first part on the bold is Pactard level dumb.

I do get what you're saying with his last 5 fights, Rios wasn't special and neither was Bradley 2. Those were pretty much easy to predict if you have some form of brain power. My main issue is his choosing of Algeiri.

Comment

Cotto/Canelo will happen in May for $$ sake, why you keep crying for?

Nobody was asking for a Floyd/Maidana rematch? All of the Floyd haters (and their are many of them) said Floyd lost the fight or it was a draw and that Maidana deserves a rematch. Now all of a sudden they don't want the fight once they come to there senses, but its too late because the crybabies/haters cried after the fight way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
          Cotto/Canelo will happen in May for $$ sake, why you keep crying for?

Nobody was asking for a Floyd/Maidana rematch? All of the Floyd haters (and their are many of them) said Floyd lost the fight or it was a draw and that Maidana deserves a rematch. Now all of a sudden they don't want the fight once they come to there senses, but its too late because the crybabies/haters cried after the fight way too much.
          And if it doesn't? Did Pacquiao vs Floyd happen when it truly mattered?

Boxing isn't just about the forums. You actually have to go out and also have friends. Only one of my friends is watching it. No co workers either. Are you personally going to pay for the fight?

Comment

I don't know why but i like the Algieri fight i really want to see what could do. Also Pac beat Rios in a way no one will, punching bag or not who else could dominate Rios like that?

Cotto well he pretty much is a money fighter now.

Floyd - to be fair whoever he chooses seem to be cherrypicks, unless its Pac or Bigger guys, for example Pac vs Marquez great fight, if Floyd fights Marquez now it's a cherry-pick, Devon, Khan also cherry-pick when they where considered possible opponents. Ortiez #3 at the time also cherrypick now beacuse of what he turned out to be,same will happen if Thurman and Porter fight Floyd and then get beat after him.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              I don't know why but i like the Algieri fight i really want to see what could do. Also Pac beat Rios in a way no one will, punching bag or not who else could dominate Rios like that?

Cotto well he pretty much is a money fighter now.

Floyd - to be fair whoever he chooses seem to be cherrypicks, unless its Pac or Bigger guys, for example Pac vs Marquez great fight, if Floyd fights Marquez now it's a cherry-pick, Devon, Khan also cherry-pick when they where considered possible opponents. Ortiez #3 at the time also cherrypick now beacuse of what he turned out to be,same will happen if Thurman and Porter fight Floyd and then get beat after him.
              Rios can be easily dominated by a lot of the top tier fighters. He's not that good. Just a loudmouth that always talking about "my haters".

So if Cotto fights Rubio/Lee, how does that make him a money fighter?

Marquez never went up two divisions to face Pac. Also at WW, the time difference between Mayweather and Pac was enough time to develop his body at the weight. Khan would of been a cherry pick. All Victor Ortiz did was beat Berto(Jeff Lacy effect), he did not deserve that rating but either way, there were better opponents than Ortiz.

Comment

Yup. 23 years old. He realized he was put on pedestal and was groomed along and now is giving the fans what they want. That's how it should be when you're at the top, and you made a lot of $$$. No excuses, it's about the fans at the super star level.

Comment

Great Thread OP 100% agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    Yup. 23 years old. He realized he was put on pedestal and was groomed along and now is giving the fans what they want. That's how it should be when you're at the top, and you made a lot of $$$. No excuses, it's about the fans at the super star level.
                    I wish superstars would get paid a lot less. It just encourages the diva behavior more and is more damaging to the sport than helpful.

Comment

Working...
                    X