No announcement yet.

Mayweather Fans, I Find This Disturbing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Fans, I Find This Disturbing

As a relatively new member of a boxing forum, coming across bold statements made by a "Great" fighter of this sport makes me wonder why he justifies his claim. Is he crazy? Just trying to "hype" his credentials? Or, just plain made a bad claim? What do you Mayweather fans think about the Talkboxing guys thoughts about Mayweather's claim that he's better than Sugar Ray Robinson?

MAYWEATHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8t2E...e=channel_page

Of course he is not. But he will P4P best decade if he fights and beats PACMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
      As a relatively new member of a boxing forum, coming across bold statements made by a "Great" fighter of this sport makes me wonder why he justifies his claim. Is he crazy? Just trying to "hype" his credentials? Or, just plain made a bad claim? What do you Mayweather fans think about the Talkboxing guys thoughts about Mayweather's claim that he's better than Sugar Ray Robinson?

MAYWEATHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8t2E...e=channel_page
      Part of his persona. Whatver motivates him to be great is fine with with me. Hes not better then SRR.

Comment

I was always under the belief that a man can have whatever opinion of himself that he wanted. A opinion is neither right or wrong.

In short F#CK YOUR and everybody else's opinion on how a man thinks of himself.

You really could have choosen a better topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
          Of course he is not. But he will P4P best decade if he fights and beats PACMAN
          Bro if contracts get signed I will fly to Vegas for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
            I was always under the belief that a man can have whatever opinion of himself that he wanted. A opinion is neither right or wrong.

In short F#CK YOUR and everybody else's opinion on how a man thinks of himself.

You really could have choosen a better topic.
            You know, as a fan of any sport, I do expect some kind of integrity in sports figures. Do you think claims like this is beneficial or good for inspiring young individuals who are interested in this sport or for that matter in any other sport. Don't you think that being a "Champion" of this sport, Mayweather should think of being a better role model for other boxers and kids coming up to follow? JAT
            Last edited by Foodie One; 01-06-2009, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Never heard him say he was greater than sugar ray..
              when and where he say dat??
              Hes best of his generation but sugar ray and ali were the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
                You know, as a fan of any sport, I do expect some kind of integrity in sports figures. Do you think claims like this is beneficial or good for inspiring young individuals who are interested in this sport or for that matter in any other sport. Don't you think that being a "Champion" of this sport, Mayweather should think of being more of a role model for other boxers and kids coming up to follow? JAT
                Feeling you are the best or trying to be the best has been part of this particular sport for a long time. All top p4p boxers should feel they are the best. Mayweather took it to another level with the Ray Robinson comments. You don't have to agree with him but if thats how he feels, then thats how he feels. If he choses to motivate himself with confidence then so be it. Mike Tyson said plenty of things that were actually offensive and in the end both he and his opponents gained publicity for whatever fight they were promoting at the time. If you don't agree with what Mayweather says just don't listen and cheer for his opponents in the ring.

Comment

Floyd never once said that he was better then sugar ray,
                  wat he did say in an interview was that he retired undefeated whereas sugar ray didnt.

Thats all,
                  people blew it out off proporation

Comment

The fact you're making a big deal about a fighters self-proclaimed greatness certainly indicates you're a novice not only to the forum, but to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X