Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Dempsey would have eaten Wilder alive; agree or disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
    Are you trolling? Wilder would annihilate Dempsey if he were around today. The conditioning and skill of fighters nowadays is leagues ahead of those of the early 1900's, not to mention the massive size increase of heavyweights.

If Dempsey fought in this era he would be a career SMW/LHW.
    And Dempsey lost to a bum called Fireman Jim Flyn who had a 64-45-18 career lol.

Comment

Wilder would knock Dempsey into next year and it would be so lopsided it would be cringe worthy. The now wilder has also packed on more mass and is a bit better than he started . Even if wilder fought him 7 years ago he wins. Dempsey would be a toughman level today , those wild swings arms down would get him knocked out fast if not hurt it wouldn't last long at all,wilder hits 3x as hard believe me. Times change and so do skill levels.

Sorry but the 6'2 190 pounder who is being hailed as a giant killer b/c he beat Jess Willard..."Jess Willard' isn't winning here. It would take slick boxing and MUCH better defensive skills to avoid shots from a fast 6'7 powerhouse if you are undersized and Demspey was a mere brawler who had poor defensive skills he would be mocked today. The truth is Willard himself would be the worst top fighter today if he were one, i say were b/c no one can really tell me he would be ranked today and if they do they really didn't watch his fights and or were drinking when they did or have a EXTREME bias on past timers so much they shut out reality and paint these guys not how they were in real life....take your pick..

Deontay with the thundering over hand right would flatten Dempsey and very fast inside 2 rounds , Dempsey would charge right at him swing wild at Wilder and get flattened.

6'7 230 wilder > 6'2 190 Dempsey

Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-29-2016, 04:10 AM.

Comment

wilder is a ****ing joke hes a pure hype job hes fought NO ONE complete bums he fights and throws punches like an amateur 10 year old, a talented heavyweight would wipe that smirk off his goofy face and obliterate him , dempsey was a beast he rolls under wilders wide punches and smashes him down to the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
          didnt he have plaster of paris in his gloves? Jack Kearns even admitted removing the talcum powder and replacing it with plaster of paris
          Yeah my G

Dempsey, who dat other cracker name.... Marciano Dats dat cracker he a cheat too

And do get ya Boi started on doze.... doze what dey names

What dey names doze klinschkones? Yeah dey be cheatin

Wilder am atg you know how it is Playa it's time deze Foos needs ta recognize

Ya feel me, larry

Comment

almost different sports.

the good thing about hypothetical fights is no one is wrong.

Comment

Dempsey could win. I mean let's face it, Wilder is terrible technically. He is almost 40 fights in and still flails around the ring like a goofball. He has devastating power and that has saved him so far.

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
                Jess Willard (then HW champ) was much bigger than Wilder but Dempsey annihilated him, 7 knockdowns and broke all his ribs, jaw, face, and knocked out half his teeth.

It was so brutal people thought Dempsey had loaded gloves, but Nat Fleischer later proved he didn't.

Can you imagine Windmiller standing up to this ****????

The Manassa Mauler was a primal force of nature, a true animal. On the other hand I consider current WBC hw champ Deontay Wilder to be a clown with horrible technique, embarrassing defense, a glass jaw, and chicken legs.

Windmiller is the embarrassment of American HW boxing.

Mike Tyson trashes Wilder but says Jack Dempsey was his childhood Hero.

I'm absolutely certain Prime Dempsey would shatter Wilder's glass jaw in 3 rounds or less.

Thoughts?
                Jess Willard a big Olf with no athleticism

Dempsey was a great fighter, a bit overrated considering he drew the color line

Dempsey would do well because he had success with large Fighters but none of them had the raw talent or power of wilder

Dempsey gets starched in the late rounds

Comment

We need a re-write of Roy Jones' "Can't Be Touched" made specifically for The Bronze Bomber.

Came to drop bombs
                  Came to throw rights
                  Came to kill Klitschko
                  Came for great fights
                  Turn down your music
                  Turn up the mic
                  When will you Furys learn

Comment

**** this board

Comment

Dempsey was too small.

But prime 1970's Foreman would murder him.

Comment

Working...
                      X