No announcement yet.

Election 2012: Final Predictions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    It's all about Ohio, and Florida. . . All Obama needs is one. . .

He could lose Nevada, NC, Virginia, Nevada, Colorado, NH, AND Florda, and still take it with Ohio.

I agree - PA, Michigan are locks for Obama. Looks like NH will go to Romney.

I think Romney will take Florida in a Bush/Gore like affair. He'll also take Colorado, and Virginia.

But OBama will take Nevada, and Ohio, and seal the deal.

Romney could win popular vote even. Man that would be sweet! Romney winning popular vote but losing the election. Lol, payback from 2000. Republicans couldn't say anything.
    Romney screwed himself royally by putting out three ad's that were blatant lies about the Auto industry -- I would be shocked if he came close in Ohio. It would serve him right for being such a liar and a snake.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      Romney screwed himself royally by putting out three ad's that were blatant lies about the Auto industry -- I would be shocked if he came close in Ohio. It would serve him right for being such a liar and a snake.
      Haha aye.

The only reason I think he'll win Florida, Colorado, NH, Virginia, and NC is because Obama supporters simply won't show up like they did, and you know all the baggers, and thumpers will come out of hte woodwork to vote against Obama, rather than for Romney. Lol, although Romney did prove he can bag, and thump with the best of 'em (tea baggers, and bible thumpers).

Romney doesn't even know who he is, what he believes, or what he wants to do as president anymore. He would have had a sex change, and renamed himself Matilda if his team convinced him it'd get more votes.

I really do hope Romney wins the popular vote, though. So the Republicans can ***** and moan about how "the system is corrupt," and "not fair," and have to eat everything they said in 2000 about "the whiny liberals needing to shut up and get over it."

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        i was just about to start a similar thread.

i don't know why but i have had it in my head that this election might be similar to the 2000 election in that it's stolen from somebody.
        Romney's Halloween trick on Ohio voters

Listen to this commentary

If you really want to scare people this Halloween, go trick-or-treating dressed as an Ohio voting machine.

The "black box" e-vote machines that Ohioans will use on November 6 are owned by Hart Intercivic – but that disguises the real owner. Last year, Hart was taken over by an investment fund with the cryptic name of HIG Capital. Peek into HIG, and you'll find that of its 22 American directors, 21 are donors to Mitt Romney's campaign, and a third of them had been money managers at Bain & Company, the hedge fund that gave Mitt his start in corporate plundering.

But the enigma within Ohio's machines goes even deeper than these cozy partisan ties suggest, for HIG itself is largely owned by an inscrutable private equity creature called Solomere. Who dat? Solomere was formed by Romney's oldest son, Tagg, and financed by Mama Ann Romney and Uncle Scott Romney, with Papa Mitt himself chipping in $10 million and personally pitching Solomere to other rich investors.

Like father, like son – Tagg cloaks the fund's operations through a dark maze of offshore tax shelters. And, now, the son has slipped out of Solomere to be a top campaign manager for his father. This slippery guy gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "playing Tagg."

One wonders if Tagg's campaign duties include "monitoring" Ohio's voting machines. Can the Romneys even spell conflict-of-interest? The people's trust in the fairness of our democratic elections has already been severely eroded by the unlimited corporate cash flooding into the process, but what are we to make of a multimillionaire presidential candidate with secret financial and crony control of the machines that can decide the outcome in this key swing state? I ask you: Of all the things the Romneys could invest in – why voting machines?

"Romney Family Business," The Nation, October 29, 2012.

"Owners Of Electronic Voting Machine Company Are Romney Super-Fans," www.thedailydolt.com, October 10, 2012.

"Does the Romney Family Now Own Your e-Vote?" www.truth-out.org, October 19, 2012.

"Tagg Romney Invested in Ohio Electronic Voting Machines," www.politicolnews.com, October 18, 2012.
        http://jimhightower.com/node/7875

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          It's all about Ohio, and Florida. . . All Obama needs is one. . .

He could lose Nevada, NC, Virginia, Nevada, Colorado, NH, AND Florda, and still take it with Ohio.

I agree - PA, Michigan are locks for Obama. Looks like NH will go to Romney.

I think Romney will take Florida in a Bush/Gore like affair. He'll also take Colorado, and Virginia.

But OBama will take Nevada, and Ohio, and seal the deal.

Romney could win popular vote even. Man that would be sweet! Romney winning popular vote but losing the election. Lol, payback from 2000. Republicans couldn't say anything.
          Not sure i understand this, but does it mean that even if Romney has more votes he still may not win?.

Sounds bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            Not sure i understand this, but does it mean that even if Romney has more votes he still may not win?.

Sounds bogus.
            Elections are not decided by the number of votes under the electoral college system, which is what the system is. Every state is scored a certain number of points. States are winner take all, so if you win the state you get all the points. To earn the majority number of points takes 270 points. Basically, the majority of states are either red states or blue states. It pretty much comes down to the so-called 'swing states' which determine the election, since they can go either way. The key swing states this year are essentially Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, and maybe a couple others. There are also states like Iowa, Nevada and Colorado which are also swing states. They don't carry as many points though. But they could be important if the race is very close.

Comment

Sounds bogus.
              Yes, the US has an electoral college system. Under the 12h Amendment, 538 Electors, based on the number of votes in Congress from each state, choose the President not the population. There is a possibility of a draw with 269-269 for both candidates, in which case, Congress will pick the President. Romney should win with a tie since his party has the majority.

Most States have a winner takes all electors in place based on the popular vote outcome of the state. All of my state's electors will go to Obama since the majority will vote for him. In effect, my vote is a waste and this election is over me. That is why, I'm voting for Gary Johnson this election because 5% of the popular vote will allow a Major 3rd party in the next election.

Get out the vote, Rock the Vote, and all these voting drives are bull.s.hit. Unless you live in a battleground state, your individual vote is already a waste. The only way to make your vote meaningful is to vote for a 3rd party candidate and hope they get 5% of the vote. Gary Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
                Yes, the US has an electoral college system. Under the 12h Amendment, 538 Electors, based on the number of votes in Congress from each state, choose the President not the population. There is a possibility of a draw with 269-269 for both candidates, in which case, Congress will pick the President. Romney should win with a tie since his party has the majority.

Most States have a winner takes all electors in place based on the popular vote outcome of the state. All of my state's electors will go to Obama since the majority will vote for him. In effect, my vote is a waste and this election is over me. That is why, I'm voting for Gary Johnson this election because 5% of the popular vote will allow a Major 3rd party in the next election.

Get out the vote, Rock the Vote, and all these voting drives are bull.s.hit. Unless you live in a battleground state, your individual vote is already a waste. The only way to make your vote meaningful is to vote for a 3rd party candidate and hope they get 5% of the vote. Gary Johnson.
                Personally, I am boycotting this election.

But I respect your decision to vote for a third party.

Comment

So is it whoever receives the most votes in a state, receives the points available for that state?.

Or the 538 electors?.

Comment

So is it whoever receives the most votes in a state, receives the points available for that state?.

Or the 538 electors?.
                    Technically the electors could flip, but for all practical purposes it is whoever wins the state gets all the points.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      I posted a similar story ... The FBI should investigate\monitor the voting machine administrator's and the actual machines for alterations post election.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=570327

The Voting process is\has becoming\become a farce .....

Comment

Working...
                      X