No announcement yet.

Amir Khan to donate £30k shorts to Peshawar army school in Pakistan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan to donate £30k shorts to Peshawar army school in Pakistan

Boxer Amir Khan will donate a £30,000 pair of shorts to help rebuild the Peshawar army school where 141 children and staff were killed by the Taliban.

The Briton, who is of Pakistani origin, wore the shorts, which has a waistband made from 24-carat gold threading, in his points win against Devon Alexander.

"It was just very sad to see innocent kids being killed," said Khan, 28.
    "I want to donate the shorts for the Peshawar cause, rebuild a school and strengthen security around the area."

Khan, who successfully defended his WBC Silver welterweight title in Las Vegas on Saturday, became a father in May when his daughter Lamysa was born.

"I can only imagine what those parents are going through," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"We are very lucky in England, we have good security and I will be able to send my little girl to school and know she will be fine, but in Pakistan you cannot do that.

"They send the kids outside the house and do not know if they are going to come back. It's very sad to know that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/30540160

He donated a pair of shorts? wow!

His publicity manager says they are worth 30k? Bet they couldn't get 200 for them. What a weak publicity stunt after the tragedy they suffered.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post

His publicity manager says they are worth 30k? Bet they couldn't get 200 for them. What a weak publicity stunt after the tragedy they suffered.

Idiot!!!!!!

Comment

Very cynical and negative view, any charity is good charity. Khan does a lot, and I'm sure it will be the money received from an auction, or something like that, he's not going to send the actual shorts to Pakistan. Moron.

Comment

You're dumb as fuck. He intended to donate his 24 carat shorts to a charity before the Alexander fight.

Comment

It is a noble gesture from brother Khan.

Comment

I'd like to see you donate 1/10th of that amount to a charity. Khan is actually one of the most charitable boxers in the world, fml some people need any excuse to hate on him.

Certified hater.

Comment

Khan has always done a lot for charity.

Comment

Inb4 Khan hate. Inb4 glass chin comments.

Comment

he should demand Mayweather fight him in Pakistan. Imagine how much money that would bring to the area, helping so many people.

Comment

Working...
                    X