Comments Thread For: Lucas Browne Fails Drug Test, Title Victory Now in Doubt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people posting like is the 80s. guys, the soviet union does no longer exist

Comment

But leading ESPN boxing writer Dan Rafael says Browne is now expected to be stripped of WBA his title.

Comment

They did the same **** to Oquendo. **** VADA.

Comment

I don't think his physique was a dead give away, but if you compare his physique to what he looked like a couple years ago it raises eyebrows. Guys that are in the mid to late 30's don't get tighter looking than in their early 30's.

That said Clenbuterol was a steroid from the early 90's. He needs to get an Aussie version of Johnny Cochrane and take this is the Court of Sport. Russians that looked jacked out of their minds pass these same tests that foreign fighters fail it smells like a heap of steaming dung.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            Yea let's pretend corruption doesn't happen here. Boxing is up there with other sports in being the most corrupt.
            Like I say, I agree, except for when it comes to fabricating drug tests to make innocent athletes/boxers appear guilty. Can't think of that ever happening in the history of US boxing.

It's not about saying the US is better than Russia. Different places are shady in different ways. I can't think of a time a foreign fighter has gone to Russia and been robbed on the cards, but it's happened in the US many times.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            What will you say when Lucas himself admits the steroids use? this is VADA. It's not the fake anti doping agency USADA that Floyd uses.
            Boxers rarely admit cheating, Shane only did it because he was under oath and even then refused to do a HBO pre-fight interview unless they agreed not to bring it up. I don't think Browne is guilty but even if he is of course he'd deny it like they all do (unless they can get a TUE )

From what I've read, they're claiming he tested positive for clenbuterol. I've taken that before, it's for cutting weight and makes it difficult to train, you have to take other supplements to counteract the side effects otherwise you get cramps after 20 seconds of exercise. Seems unlikely that a heavyweight would use it. Even if they were a cheat there are many better things out there that would make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
              Oh fat burners i follow him in instagram about 6 months ago he was trying to lose weight so it wouldnt suprise me
              That's what I was thinking too. He's dropped a lot of weight in recent times. If it was Vada from start to finish it's probably legit. If Rusada were involved at any stage I'd have my doubts.

Comment

It was a post-fight drug test. That's weird. Looking at the Vada website and I don't see Browne on there as being part of their testing program. So was Vada just used for the post-fight tests? Was there testing leading up to the fight? Was VADA there to collect the samples or did they use a third party to collect the samples and have it sent to them?

Last edited by about.thousands; 03-21-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  get him, Floyd fans!!!
                  Rally up our troops!!

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    It was a post-fight drug test. That's weird. Looking at the Vada website and I don't see Browne on there as being part of their testing program. So was Vada just used for the post-fight tests? Was there testing leading up to the fight? Was VADA there to collect the samples or did they use a third party to collect the samples and have it sent to them?

Probably a third party. But they tend to be reliable. Doubt they would be using anyone connected to Rusada.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                      They did the same **** to Oquendo. **** VADA.
                      That was RUSADA.

Comment

Working...
                      X