Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else thin Bayless should have let the fight continue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think bayless was just protecting the fighter, it was pretty obvious katsidis was done and bayless just saved him of further punishment.

Comment

I wanted to see the k.o too. The thing that really put a damper on it for me was the tactless larry merchant asking him if his brother would have approved of his performance.

I don't know what the hell larry's goddamn problem was last night.

That was shameful man.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        I think bayless was just protecting the fighter, it was pretty obvious katsidis was done and bayless just saved him of further punishment.

Yeah pretty much.

The refs warrant much discretion for fights to be stopped and I'm sure that better reasons are behind those, more importantly the fighter's safety.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          He was hurt and getting beat on but it was not that career ending or anything.
          i agree

i had money on the fight ending after the 9th

bayless could have let it go on but katsidis was not throwing back for a while and Marquez was landing really hard accurate combination on kats that were landing flush.

so in my mind it was a justifiable stoppage but i dont think he would have been criticize either if he would have let kats go on a little longer

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
            I think the Berto fight was stopped prematurely but Katsidis was getting broken badly in that fight!!
            Yeah, I know, Katsidis was out on his feet for a second, not returning punches and counldn't touch Marquez with any punches.

The Berto fight was a bit premature, Hernandez was wobbled but looked ok when the ref called it.

Comment

he was getting bombed worse the Iraq. It was a brutal beating and im glad they stopped it

Comment

No. He did right. Jars was getting hit clean and to often. Maybe a standing 8?

The berto fight was stop a little to early. My guess is it was done to make berto look good(which he did. Given the opposition he still looked good -no h0m0-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  No. He did right. Jars was getting hit clean and to often. Maybe a standing 8?

The berto fight was stop a little to early. My guess is it was done to make berto look good(which he did. Given the opposition he still looked good -no h0m0-)
                  I don't know about a standing 8. The stoppage was during a break, for all we know he could have recuperated since he took the last few shots well.

Comment

I see a pattern in the way Baylis stops fights, He did the samething in the Cotto-Pac fight where he stopped it in the 12th round after a little barrage from Pac, He could have stopped the fight earlier around the 9th round but he didn't

Comment

He could of let it go a little longer but there really would of been no point. During the last round Katsidis was moving to his right and he took a pretty heavy shot, it would of just continued that way. It it looks completely impossible for a fighter to swing the outcome, I'm all for early stoppages.

Comment

Working...
                      X