Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander is walking on thin ice....why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he better wisen up. King is the devil.

Comment

why do people still sign with him??

Comment

Only idiots sign with Don King, and if he doesn't leave him, that'll damage his career more than anything.

Comment

Mike Tyson said it best: "He's a slimy, reptilian mother****er."

How this ******* isn't in jail is beyond me, he's just a sleazy, money-grubbing devil. The sooner he's gone the better.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
            Don "muthaphukin" King......

If history repeats itself......Devon will take the boxing world by storm (currently)....will be the biggest thing (or at least around his weight division) but sadly will fall from grace in a matter of a few years.

For Devon's sake.....for BOXING's sake....please part ways from Don King ASAP. Maybe Floyd can get him under Mayweather Promotions.....as bad as Floyd is regarding his own promotions....it seems like he can teach "the next big thing" the rights and wrongs of promotions and the business side of boxing.
            the problem with King right now is that he's a part time boxing promoter. Cunningham is doing a better job promoting Devon than King

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
              Something a local promoter and manager told me once:

"Don King will make you the most money. He'll just also take the most."
              That's a great quote.

Comment

Yeah I understnd why someone like Nate Campbell would sign with King. In his case, he was on his last legs, and in order to get the big fight with Diaz he had to sign with King. However, I don't know why Devon would. I am guessing that maybe promoters like Golden Boy and Top Rank weren't interested in an African American fighter unless he already had a big following from the Olympics or somthing. Hopefully he leaves after his contract is up.

Comment

Why do people still sign with Don King?

Comment

The only fighters I see under King are Vets on trying to make that last big fight (Campbell) and young fighters who need that Promoting Team to make something happen for them (Devon).....hopefully Devon wises up and leaves Don BEFORE really making some noise for himself.

Comment

Has there ever been a happy story for a boxer signed with Don King? The guy is bad news ,no good can come from being signed with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X