No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer "Mayweather is interested in Fighting Khan after Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Schaefer "Mayweather is interested in Fighting Khan after Pacquiao"

GOLDEN BOY chief Richard Schaefer believes Amir Khan is destined to face Floyd Mayweather.

Khan, 24, puts his WBA light-welterweight title on the line against IBF boss Zab Judah in Las Vegas on July 23.

But he has made no secret of his desire to step up to welterweight and Schaefer has mapped out a path for the Bolton fighter which also includes bouts with Erik Morales and Kell Brook.

Schaefer said: "We believe in Khan and believe he is ready. These are big plans but Team Khan are on board.

"I've had conversations with Mayweather and his adviser Al Haymon and they are definitely open to a fight with Khan."

Mayweather, who is scheduled to meet Victor Ortiz in September, has told Schaefer he wants to deliver the fight boxing fans crave by agreeing to face Manny Pacquiao.

Schaefer added: "Mayweather has indicated he would like to do the Pacquiao fight.

"He said to me he'd be open to fighting Pacquiao next if the blood testing issue can be sorted out.

"Khan would then fight in autumn 2012 against Mayweather. I spent the last week with Mayweather and he said he wants to fight more than once per year.

"Whether he delivers on that promise, I don't know, but I really believe he does want to fight several times a year.

"He's mentioned to me the possibility of fighting in December again

"Mayweather has rediscovered his love for boxing and is ready to go. He's hungry again."

Comment

Does he have a death wish?

Holy sh^t !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X