Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had Duran vs Barkley happened today; Had Duran been called "Suspicious"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Duran vs Barkley happened today; Had Duran been called "Suspicious"?

Marquez is "suspicious" for beating Mike Alvarado by decision in his 4th weight class, who has lost to lesser fighters than Marquez like Rios and Provodnikov, and almost lost to Prescott. They were similar height, 2 inches apart, and similar size(4lbs apart). Both traded knock downs. But apparently Marquez is suspicious for his win.

So which wins of the past would have been called suspicious today? Would Duran vs Barkley be seen as suspicious? Would Henry Armstrong be accused of using PED's?

Dude, that fight was in the 80s. The chances Duran wasn't roiding are like, 5%. Every athlete was roiding then, and everyone knew it.

Comment

Did Duran hire a known proven ped chemist?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Marquez is "suspicious" for beating Mike Alvarado by decision in his 4th weight class, who has lost to lesser fighters than Marquez like Rios and Provodnikov, and almost lost to Prescott. They were similar height, 2 inches apart, and similar size(4lbs apart). Both traded knock downs. But apparently Marquez is suspicious for his win.

So which wins of the past would have been called suspicious today? Would Duran vs Barkley be seen as suspicious? Would Henry Armstrong be accused of using PED's?
        If you're trying to say the only reason Marquez is suspicious is because he beat Alvarado then you're full of shit.

Comment

Most boxing fans don't even remember Alvarado-Prescott. Styles make fights, but that fight does not shed a positive light on Alvarado.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
            Did Duran hire a known proven ped chemist?

Honestly, some people seriously should think before they start threads. The circumstances surrounding the analogies they try to insinuate make absolutely no sense.

Comment

If you think every boxer is on PEDs then no boxer is on PEDs. That's how I look at it anyway.

Comment

I think you are misunderstanding why people are calling JMM a cheat...

Comment

duran does have suspicions involving steroids / peds. i think he mentions a doctor administering "something they used to give to horses," in the book "hands of stone."

i'd have to look into it more, but that's what i remember.

lots of peds came from, or are used both in horse racing and athletics. he was probably talking about something that would be banned today. i believe it was used to make weight.

Comment

TS kelvis is getting ether'd in his own thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X