No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Juan Manuel Marquez Grabs Gold in Mexico City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    As much as I like and respect Marquez it's fights like this where I just wish he wouldn't fight at all if he's not gonna fight serious competition. Props to him but c'mon son this does nothing for his legacy(winning a paper title against someone who shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as him). I think a poster on here made a thread about Marquez fighting guys like this.
    Yeah because Marquez just fought Pacquiao prior. How dare he fight guys like this. It was obviously a tune up fight.
    Last edited by GRUSTLER; 04-15-2012, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I feel Marquez this fight's performance is not much good either, though he wins, but the scores should not be with so wide gap

Comment

As much as I like and respect Marquez it's fights like this where I just wish he wouldn't fight at all if he's not gonna fight serious competition. Props to him but c'mon son this does nothing for his legacy(winning a paper title against someone who shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as him). I think a poster on here made a thread about Marquez fighting guys like this.
        Marquez is a expert marksman. Dude is a beast love or hate him he left his mark in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Fedchenko was a worthy opponent that gave Marquez a legitimate Title...

good win for Marquez, definitely got my money's worth
          Of course you did Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Junior View Post
            Of course you did Bob.
            respect Marquez and his win bro

Comment

Does an Interim belt really count as legitimate?

Comment

The way to fight counter punchers like Marquez is to go forward with volume punching and not In and Out nor counter the counter. Wait and see will not work as well because counter punchers need time to recover good pose after throwing punches.

This really means you have to train hard.

Comment

Originally posted by kill4 View Post
                  Marquez is a expert marksman. Dude is a beast love or hate him he left his mark in boxing.
                  Speak the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by denix View Post
                    The way to fight counter punchers like Marquez is to go forward with volume punching and not In and Out nor counter the counter. Wait and see will not work as well because counter punchers need time to recover good pose after throwing punches.

This really means you have to train hard.
                    Thats B*ull****

Pacquaio is a go forward volume puncher and that couldn t beat marquez

mayweather is a counter in and out puncher and he beat marquez easily

Comment

I bet Fedchenko gives any 140 truble, he is a skill boxer just not elite....but the russian amateur stile back ground is there.

Comment

Working...
                      X