No announcement yet.

~NSB Posters: Is Arum leading Cotto into a trap vs. Foreman?~

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~NSB Posters: Is Arum leading Cotto into a trap vs. Foreman?~

If you ever heard Arum speak on Foreman then its clear who his favorite Top Rank fighter is and he doesn't have the initials M.P.

Which means he wouldnt risk his title or record and let him face Cotto if he didnt know for sure that he would beat Cotto and make the Foreman name a bigger one.

Also this is Cottos FIRST fight mind you. At 154 Popunds vs. one of the biggest guys at that weight who has a crafty, almost slick kind of style and boxing ability.

This will be the first time Cotto cant win a Decision in NY.

He has to KO Foreman.
    Yes
    58.82%
    No
    41.18%

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    If you ever heard Arum speak on Foreman then its clear who his favorite Top Rank fighter is and he doesn't have the initials M.P.

Which means he wouldnt risk his title or record and let him face Cotto if he didnt know for sure that he would beat Cotto and make the Foreman name a bigger one.

Also this is Cottos FIRST fight mind you. At 154 Popunds vs. one of the biggest guys at that weight who has a crafty, almost slick kind of style and boxing ability.

He has to KO Foreman.
    bang on my dude ....this is EXACTLY what I see!!

Comment

I agree ....... I hope Arum eats crows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
        I agree ....... I hope Arum eats crows.
        It wouldnt shock me if Bob was the one behind the scenes trying to get Steward to train Foreman. I hope Cotto KOS him.

Comment

cotto stops him and fuk arum

Comment

I don't think so.

His words about Foreman don't indicate favouritism, it's just him trying to hype up/promote his fighter in order to make the event a success and earn himself more money.

I think the style matchup suits Cotto. MG has struggled in the past with guys who can back him up (or at least stand their ground) and I don't see Foreman being able to do that because of his lack of power. Foreman is a mover anyway, he rarely stands still or comes forward for any prolonged period of time.

Cotto's stamina has looked bad in the past, but I don't expect Foreman to force the pace much and so Cotto will probably be able to take his foot off the gas or take a round off should he feel the need to.

It's possible that Foreman outboxes Cotto, of course, but I don't think the signs point to that. Malignaggi and Jennings both have good footwork and Cotto was able to beat them. Foreman may or may not be better than those two, but is his footwork and jab significantly better? I don't believe so, which makes me think that Cotto will be able to cut off the ring and get inside often enough to win.

In matching two of his guys up, I'm sure Arum sees it as a win-win for himself, but a Cotto victory would probably be better for Arum financially as Cotto is a bigger draw and I don't think Foreman would become a star even if he did win.

He might be thinking 'if Cotto is shot, better to have him lose to a guy I can make into a bigger name', but I don't think he actually wants Cotto to be past it.

Comment

Nah, it's a fair fight. Foreman is alright but not great and also a bit bigger than Cotto. It's the perfect test to see how much Miguel has in the tank and where he can go from here.

Comment

Arum can make bigger fights with Cotto than he ever could with Foreman.

But it's a win-win for Arum of course.

Comment

Arum has proven he does not give a rats ass about Cotto! So id say yes TS.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post

He has to KO Foreman.
                    you guys are stupid. cotto never loses in NYC. NEVER!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X