No announcement yet.

McCain Strategy: Race Baiting and Fear Mongering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    You mean Palin is stupid because she is a creationist. Other than that what variables are you using to judge her intelligence?
    Her only three unscripted interviews were absolute trainwrecks. She thought that it was OK to use Yahoo mail to conduct gubernatorial business. She was utterly unable to answer questions in the debates but thought it was alright to say "I'm not going to answer that question but I will say this: Kitchen table, joe six pack, maverick, wink wink, hockey mom families."

The fact that she ASKED FOR THE QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE for the debate!

Plus she's a creationist.

Comment

Obama was a ****in community organizer and you guys are going to vote for this? People seem to fall in love with Democrats with shady pasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
        She did okay in her interviews depsite the "Bush Doctrine" question and the Katie Couric deal. She's green. And she held her own with Biden, who is a seasoned debater, enough to not look like a complete ass. Depending on your political views, you may think she did worse. Her "you betcha" lines and Fargo accents are annoying, and I don't like her stance with religion, abortion, and stem-cell research(much like the whole religous base of the republican party). But you don't get to be governor of a state by being stupid. It just doesn't happen. I have friends of average intelligence who love to say they have a higher IQ than him and they saw his IQ on the "internet". Bush can't speak and has been a ****ty president, but the gut isn't stupid. He has to have some kind of brain to get into the white house, it's just not something the average minded person can do.
        She did OK with Biden, could have been worse but she was completely and hopelessly out of her depth in the interviews. The format of the debate helped, as did her complete disregard for the actual questions and a moderator who was unwilling to hammer her for answers.

She is the governor of a state. But it is the least populous state in America. The mayor of Charlotte is equally qualified for the presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          A big part of Obama's easy ride in the General is that he had something of a trial by ordeal in the primaries.
          Trial by Ordeal? Not according to the Indepentant Study by the Pew Harvard Research Center, on May 29, 2008. The reasearch called Character and the Primaries of 2008 studied press coverage of the primary elections from Jaunuary 1 up to May. Here's a chart from their research:

http://journalism.org/node/11266

McCain has been beaten up by the Media since the Primaries. He's the one going through the biased media Ordeal. Obama had it good since the beginning except when the Rev. Wright came up in which his coverage became a little bit more negative according to the research.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
            Oh really. How about Joe Lieberman who was a potential VP candidate said the same damn thing about McCain. He stated that IRREGARDLESS of the leader a crisis will occur. To state that Obama will trigger it is FEAR MONGERING.

Its called demagoguery and is one of the lowest forms of politics.
            Lieberman sure did mention a crisis involving the next President but he did mention that Obama's presidency would likely be the ones to attract a terrorist attack by referencing that McCain would be more ready than Obama. McCain is simply adding to this and suggesting that it won't happen in his administration. Who said anything about Obama triggering the attack?

Also, we don't know exactly what Biden was getting at. It would be easier if he came out and specifically gave details as to what he was specifically referring to. Is it a possible threat to Israel? Is it Iran obtaining nuclear weapons? Did it have to do specifically with Russia? He did mention the Middle East but didn't detail how.

By McCain stating 'it won't happen if he's the President', it shows that [as I've stated] he has been tested throughout his years in the Senate. Obama really hasn't. So McCain never really said Obama will trigger it, but he did say it will be avoided if he's the President and that Biden's remarks show a sense of risk with Obama. Remember, Biden brought it upon himself and made the comment. I don't completely agree with McCain's strategy, but it was Biden who should be questioned about such a comment, not really McCain to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by FatNJerseykid View Post
              Trial by Ordeal? Not according to the Indepentant Study by the Pew Harvard Research Center, on May 29, 2008. The reasearch called Character and the Primaries of 2008 studied press coverage of the primary elections from Jaunuary 1 up to May. Here's a chart from their research:

http://journalism.org/node/11266

McCain has been beaten up by the Media since the Primaries. He's the one going through the biased media Ordeal. Obama had it good since the beginning except when the Rev. Wright came up in which his coverage became a little bit more negative according to the research.
              The Reverend Wright stuff was pretty bad, the Obama is a Muslim was pretty bad... I think though that Obama managed to avoid any gaffes. He's been very good at not gaffing.

Comment

Originally posted by FatNJerseykid
                Your the one bring up Sarah Palin is stupid because she is a "creationist". So why is it ok for you to attack her beliefs but, it is not ok for anyone to question Obama's beliefs?
                Anyone is free to do what they like. But you have to bear in mind that most of the people who are questioning Obama's beliefs are actually questioning beliefs he doesn't hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                  Lieberman sure did mention a crisis involving the next President but he did mention that Obama's presidency would likely be the ones to attract a terrorist attack by referencing that McCain would be more ready than Obama. McCain is simply adding to this and suggesting that it won't happen in his administration. Who said anything about Obama triggering the attack?

Also, we don't know exactly what Biden was getting at. It would be easier if he came out and specifically gave details as to what he was specifically referring to. Is it a possible threat to Israel? Is it Iran obtaining nuclear weapons? Did it have to do specifically with Russia? He did mention the Middle East but didn't detail how.

By McCain stating 'it won't happen if he's the President', it shows that [as I've stated] he has been tested throughout his years in the Senate. Obama really hasn't. So McCain never really said Obama will trigger it, but he did say it will be avoided if he's the President and that Biden's remarks show a sense of risk with Obama. Remember, Biden brought it upon himself and made the comment. I don't completely agree with McCain's strategy, but it was Biden who should be questioned about such a comment, not really McCain to be honest.
                  You are missing the point. What your referring to is Lieberman and other stating that McCain will know how to handle the situation better due to his experience. I can respect that if that was where it ended.

However, Lieberman makes no case in saying that McCain's mere presence would deter teh situatioin from arising.

I'm not sure you've seen the McCain ad where at the very end it states "It doesn't have to happen". It doesn't state that McCain will handle such a crisis better due to his experience. It implies that McCain if President will magically deter any crisis through his mere presence in the White House.

The ad was designed to be interpreted as: If Obama is elected America will be attacked and if McCain isn't we wont. That type of weak innuendo is not something I can respect.

Comment

Working...
                  X